Doctor Who

I started at least three different episodes of the latest Peter Capaldi Doctor, and I could not get through them. Am I missing something? I love all of them, but it started to show cracks with the Matt Smith shows.

THis Dr. Who is not very likeable. I miss David Tenant's doctor and even Matt Smith's doctor. Both were much better than Capaldi's version. I might stop watching this year and I have been watching this show since 08 when Rose Tyler was on.

I too do not like this doctor. I hope that they replace him soon. I keep watching hoping he grows on me, but so far not so much.

It it wasn't for his companion( is it Clara Oswald?), I would of dropped it . She has carried this doctor through till now and the word is she is leaving too. I think he is too old and grumpy and down right mean, to be the doctor after the last two doctors. They were more light-hearted and cheery and it made the show fun to watch. This guy, I just want to slap his stupid face every time he is on the screen.

Every episode, there's at least one moment where it seems he is channeling Pertwee or Hartnell or one of the Bakers. The guy is a good actor but as always the show suffers from everybody talking so fast you can't keep up.

After an entire series of Capaldi, I find Tennant and Smith to be quite silly. They were previously my favorites and I didn't see how anyone could do better. I was wrong.

Reactions: Annie61
It it wasn't for his companion( is it Clara Oswald?), I would of dropped it . She has carried this doctor through till now and the word is she is leaving too. I think he is too old and grumpy and down right mean, to be the doctor after the last two doctors. They were more light-hearted and cheery and it made the show fun to watch. This guy, I just want to slap his stupid face every time he is on the screen.
Grumpy, mean and condescending. Also, I'm wondering if Moffat had been at it for too long....
I'll keep watching, hoping things improve somehow.

The problem is that under Tenant and Smith Dr. Who was extremely popular. People responded well to an up beat Doctor. I wonder what the ratings are for the grumpy Doctor?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
http://www.themarysue.com/bbc-doctor-who-season-8-capaldi-tardis/
I hope the link works. It does say viewership was up. I skimmed through the article. I believe it said it was up in both the UK and here.

The "up" in viewship was spin. The live+same day is down. Essentially it is being eventually watched up to a week later, no longer must see same day. While networks love to spin that weekly DVR watchers are the same as live and same day DVR watchers, they are not. Essentially it is signaling that the show is moving from must see to I will get around to watching it status.

I know that 'when I get around to it' is the way I watch or don't these days. I actually like Peter Capaldi, this is just the wrong role for him imo.

THis Dr. Who is not very likeable. I miss David Tenant's doctor and even Matt Smith's doctor. Both were much better than Capaldi's version. I might stop watching this year and I have been watching this show since 08 when Rose Tyler was on.
Part of the problems with the complaints. Many of us have been watching since much longer (80's for me) and watched the episodes from before then, and remember the Doctor was rarely a young silly person, and never both.

Part of the problems with the complaints. Many of us have been watching since much longer (80's for me) and watched the episodes from before then, and remember the Doctor was rarely a young silly person, and never both.
True, but I only started watching Dr .Who fulltime BECAUSE he was young and a lot more fun. I really never liked the old doctors I saw in some old Black and White episodes. I am sure that I am not alone in feeling this way and it is most likely why the audience numbers have grown so much for the show, in the last 7 years. This doctor is quickly eroding the numbers all over again the other way. What was once watched live , is now being watched a few days later. They need to have him regenerate quickly before no one is left to watch him.

Same things were said when Matt Smith came on board, yet viewing figures went back up.
I doubt the BBC is in panic mode. Especially since ratings are less important for the BBC than for US networks. And they're not in the freefall your post seems to imply.

Same things were said when Matt Smith came on board, yet viewing figures went back up.
I doubt the BBC is in panic mode. Especially since ratings are less important for the BBC than for US networks. And they're not in the freefall your post seems to imply.
READ the article posted by Mike123 five posts above this one. It was that article that said that , I just repeated it. Except about the doctor regenerating. I personally would like to see that .

ALL Classic Doctor Who (707 episodes at the same time)

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/watch_707_doctor_who_episodes_at_the_same_time_work_of_art-2015-03

What happens when you play all 707 classic "Doctor Who" episodes at the same time? It creates a hypnotic and strangely artistic mosaic that should keep most fans distracted for a very long time.

YouTuber Omni Verse has put together the compilation of each classic "Who" episode, covering every Doctor from William Hartnell to Paul McGann. It's a mesmerizing thing to watch, but also shows the evolution of "Doctor Who's" opening credits over the years. Beyond that, the video makes it clear how drastically the look of the show changed when it went from black and white to color.

Reactions: mike123abc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)