Dodgeing The programming center & Skyvision for c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbsam09

Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Is there a c-band provider still out there other that programming center & skyvision. A provider that will let my pay for only the very channels I want, not packages! & one with all the movie channels too

nope

mainly because what Programming-center has is pretty much all that is left for 4DTV'ers to subscribe to.

Can I be my own provider? (pay subscription fees to broadcasting companies myself) because i go to tv guide websites & it has a c-band lineup (separate from the 4dtv lineup), what is this if I can only get 4dtv?

You can be your own provider if you want to pay tens of thousands of dollars.

Cbsam - a lot of us are glad that Programming Cntr & Skyvision are still around.

I don't wanna start a Pizza vs C Band flame but these guys are the only show in town offering anything close to what you're after, on your terms.

As much as I hate pizza the Programming Center is doing a pretty pathetic job of keeping C Band alive. It's not really their fault either; it's the greedy networks and the technical incompetence of the public.

The poor selection of channels and the fact that the 4DTV feeds aren't offered in high definition makes subscribing to television via the Programming Center a worthless proposition. It's not difficult to see why people choose the little pizza pan dishes over C Band subscriptions: DirecTV and Dish Network in their current pathetic state, can at least offer over a hundred high definition networks.

I really wish we could see an a la carte revival with the ability to subscribe to all the networks' untouched high definition satellite feeds but I think the time for that happening via satellite is gone. If this system ever happens it will be via the Internet. The best thing we can do to accelerate such a transition is to refuse to subscribe to cable or DirecTV/Dish; encourage everyone we know to 'cut the cord,' and furiously fight Internet bandwidth caps. What Google is doing with Google Fiber in Kansas City is the way of the future.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)