Does a BUD system offer HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chucksrt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Bensalem, pa
I have a 8.5 ft. Dish with an old school receiver just sitting around and I was woundering what it would need to make it HD ready? I have HD through Dish but would love to just run the Bud system if I can get HD programing. I get my Locals in HD with an OTA antenna but what about HBO, TNT, Discovery, etc.
So what equipment do I need to get HD. Is the HD 1080i or 1080P or is it 720p? From what I have seen there is a HD box but I am not sure if that is for locals or for everything, and If I remember correctly it doesn't have HDMI or DVI?
Chuck

With your big dish you get the master HD feeds, so you get the channel from where Dish,DTV and cable get it from, take a look here:
http://satellitetheater.com/C-Band World.htm

You can get a 4dtv dsr 922 with the HDD 200 and you are ready to go, you SD channels will also look much better than the over compressed pizza dish feeds.

The programming is also cheaper, and with new DVB HD receivers coming out soon, you will be able to slave one to your 4dtv and add more channels.

Programming providers:
http://www.callnps.com/
http://www.programming-center.net/

You will need a 4dtv receiver or sidecar and a HD decoder... Here is HD available on BUD... (working on getting my own system up with HD) and a link to a Skyvison page...
The list linked to above is incomplete. You can get these HD channels:
Discovery HD Theater
HBO East
HBO West
NET HD (Nebraska PBS)
Showtime West
Starz East
Starz West
Wealth TV

Al

You're welcome, I wish we could get Encore HD (east and west) back and hope NFL HD becomes available? After all, it has been mapped. Also wouldn't mind seeing Cinemax (east and west), Food Network HD, HGTV HD, INHD, MHD, The Movie Channel HD, Showtime HD west, and Universal HD become available, after all, they are all on DCII (all except Encore HD). That would really be sweet!

Al

You're welcome, I wish we could get Encore HD (east and west) back and hope NFL HD becomes available? After all, it has been mapped. Also wouldn't mind seeing Cinemax (east and west), Food Network HD, HGTV HD, INHD, MHD, The Movie Channel HD, Showtime HD west, and Universal HD become available, after all, they are all on DCII (all except Encore HD). That would really be sweet!

Al

To bad they are megapipe, the ones up there that the 4dtv can get are Playboy HD, NFL HD and NESN HD but NPS said playboy does not want us to have that feed, and NESN will be a problem, NFL should be coming soon not sure what is taking so long?

The 4dtv can also get any Star choice channels, but I do not thing that would ever happen :(

I forgot about Playboy HD and NESN HD. I remember when NESN (regular channel) was originally on DCII, it was mapped and we got to see it for a while. Then NESN asked (or told) General Instruments (maybe they were Motorola by this time) to take them out of the maps. Strangely, I remember reading about this and people complaining about losing it, while I managed to keep it for about 2 extra months. I lost it when I had a power outage and the reboot didn't bring it back. I enjoyed a lot of Bruin Hockey up till that time.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts