Does any other phone company have fios tv plan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i have had both verizon and brighthouse. there is a great noticable difference in picture quality between the two. there is a difference in the internet as well.

i am moving into a new house in a couple of weeks that has basic brighthouse included in the hoa. i am still going to go back to verizon for the quality.

Ya i misunderstood how att was working.. Thats why I rebutted my statement after i figured it out.. :) Everyone can miss something now and again, I always admit when Im wrong :) I surely wasnt thinking twisted pair cables.. My word...

"ohh I didnt know that about ATT.. Well then take my post as fiso vs cable dont include att If thats the case the ATT sucks.. "

Good and I figured that was what happened because honestly I've read way too many of your posts that I would have been shocked if your statements weren't a mistake in speaking. I said what I said not so much as an attack on you but to make it clear to other readers who don't know what is so to make sure they got the correct information. I knew you would notice it after I posted my reply and thus correct yourself which will only confirm the facts with other readers who still might not be sure what the facts are.

Also yes we all make mistakes and I like yourself say when we mess up so you don't need to say anything more. I've always respected you for having good facts and being honest and I just wanted you to know that.

Good and I figured that was what happened because honestly I've read way too many of your posts that I would have been shocked if your statements weren't a mistake in speaking. I said what I said not so much as an attack on you but to make it clear to other readers who don't know what is so to make sure they got the correct information. I knew you would notice it after I posted my reply and thus correct yourself which will only confirm the facts with other readers who still might not be sure what the facts are.

Also yes we all make mistakes and I like yourself say when we mess up so you don't need to say anything more. I've always respected you for having good facts and being honest and I just wanted you to know that.

Same goes to you, I appreciate you pointing it out to me, as I looked like a idiot :) which isnt hard to do....

I didnt take it as a slam, if im proven wrong im wrong i dont take it personal.. I appreciate people helping me stay informed...

i have had both verizon and brighthouse. there is a great noticable difference in picture quality between the two. there is a difference in the internet as well.

i am moving into a new house in a couple of weeks that has basic brighthouse included in the hoa. i am still going to go back to verizon for the quality.

Personally to me PQ is relative.. I mean whats perfect for say, one customer, is crappy to another. Everyone has their "definition" of good quality.. Doesnt mean yours is wrong.. You can goto one house and they love it best ever, they dropped dish because we are so better, then goto the neighbors house they are wanting to cancel us because their dish picture is sooo much better... Granted before we did digital simulcast, satellite had us killed as far as PQ because our first 80 channels were analog.. Now with the simulcasting, i think its very relative.. Just like when you goto say bestbuy and look at tvs.. They are all getting the same "Stream" for the most part, but which one looks better to you, may not look best to joe up the road...

Im glad you found something you enjoy paying for.. Id hate for you to have BHN service and not like it.. If your gonna pay for something its good to enjoy it, so im glad verizon works for you..

Personally to me PQ is relative.. I mean whats perfect for say, one customer, is crappy to another. Everyone has their "definition" of good quality.. Doesnt mean yours is wrong.. You can goto one house and they love it best ever, they dropped dish because we are so better, then goto the neighbors house they are wanting to cancel us because their dish picture is sooo much better... Granted before we did digital simulcast, satellite had us killed as far as PQ because our first 80 channels were analog.. Now with the simulcasting, i think its very relative.. Just like when you goto say bestbuy and look at tvs.. They are all getting the same "Stream" for the most part, but which one looks better to you, may not look best to joe up the road...

Im glad you found something you enjoy paying for.. Id hate for you to have BHN service and not like it.. If your gonna pay for something its good to enjoy it, so im glad verizon works for you..
Steven, I agree with you to a certain point. Best picture is defined as the one with the most pixels per screen refresh. Some providers compress the stream in order to get enough pixels (bits) into the frame before the refresh. VZ and other FIOS providers are able to deliver raw data into the steam at speeds fast enough to fill the frame without having to de-compress the bits. This results in clearer, more detailed picture quality. Compression is fine, but raw data means less chance for errors in the bitstream and less likelyhood that the data wont fill the frame in time.

I agree on the choice thing. The best HD television on the market at the moment is from Pioneer, but they are very cost prohibitive for many people. Some other manufacturers utilize some of the same technology as Pioneer, but cut back on certain components to save costs. Pioneer utilizes the best electronics and technology to date. No, I don't work for them and I cannot afford their set, but I have spoken with experts and they all agree. Go to a high end electronics store and look at the difference and it will become clear. take your neighbors and they will agree. One comment though, take the price out of the equation as most people can be influenced by that factor. it is amazing how brand x is just as brand y when brnad x costs a grand less.

The pure picture quality of DirecTV IMO was a bit less than Comcast and Bright House Networks with regards to HDTV channels. The difference wasn't enough for me to rule out DirecTV if they were the best deal. But what did rule DirecTV out in my home with regards to HDTV was the fact that their HD-Lite caused the picture to drop in and out with any type of fast motion scene such as an ESPN HD football game or an action movie on say HBO HD. It was the worst with ESPN HD because during a football game the screen would go black every five seconds (it would be black for a split second and go back on) in addition to also seeing various color lines all over the screen at different times such as red and green. I saw green the most of all and yes at the time I had both a Bright House ESPN HD feed going along side the ESPN HD feed from DirecTV so this wasn't an issue with ESPN. This occured with any fast moving scene on each and every DirecTV channel that had a reduced bitrate.

I don't believe the picture quality would have been enough to make me switch compared to those dropout issues. When your trying to send x amount of pixels over a pipe that isn't big enough that will result in dropped frames and that is exactly what happened. The pipe in my example is the bitrate which means the bitrate isn't high enough to handle all the realtime data needed to keep from dropping a frame which is a result of too many pixels not getting through quick enough. Remember this is digital in that error correction is in place to prevent a dropped frame when those bits don't make it to the other end but that error correction can only do so much.

Now I cannot say if DirecTV is still just as bad today with their MPEG2 HD channels but I can say that they were bad when I left them a couple of years ago. I cannot say if Dish is also just as bad as I've never had Dish before. From reports of what I've heard it seems that the MPEG4 HD channels DirecTV is offering today have very good picture quality with a bitrate that is very good for the signals being sent so I feel that their is hope in the future on this front.

I hope this helps somebody but I felt I needed to say what I felt was the bigger and more noticed issue of HD-Lite on DirecTV because dropped frames IMO are worse than a lowered resolution. Again when my DirecTV HD picture wasn't dropping out I was happy with the picture quality but alas I couldn't justify paying what I was for a dropped frame every five seconds. Sorry that just wasn't enjoyable and took way exactly what was great about HDTV and ruined it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts