Does Anybody Ever Get The Promised Rebates?

harlanba

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
I have waited 8 months and still have not gotten my $200 rebate(new and HD). I have called every month now since becoming eligible and I'm told that I will see it next month. Next month comes and still no rebate. These are the most crooked incompetent lying idiots I have ever dealt with in my life. Do they think most people will finally give up trying to collect it? Starting this month I am reducing payment of the bill by $20 for 10 months until I get what I was promised. I love my 622 and HD service but the customer service is the worst of any company I have ever dealt with.
:mad:
HB

I have waited 8 months and still have not gotten my $200 rebate(new and HD). I have called every month now since becoming eligible and I'm told that I will see it next month. Next month comes and still no rebate. These are the most crooked incompetent lying idiots I have ever dealt with in my life. Do they think most people will finally give up trying to collect it? Starting this month I am reducing payment of the bill by $20 for 10 months until I get what I was promised. I love my 622 and HD service but the customer service is the worst of any company I have ever dealt with.
HB

Bummer I was very very lucky I got the rebate on my SECOND month.So far so good.

Are they saying they never got your rebate form? For once and I never done this before on any rebate I mailed it registered.
Coast a bit but maybe it helped .

trido

If I was in your shoes, I would contact the Attorney General for my state. I would then send Dish a letter informing them of that. Then, when (or, if) they contact you, tell them they need to direct any future correspondence in the matter to the Attorney General.

I understand your frustration, but I think that reducing your payment is going to be counter-productive.

HB

I sent in the form...they said it never arrived.

I sent it in again. I got denied for being an "inactive" account. WTF? I have had DISH for 10 yrs.

So, I called the normal Dish Network Number (Not the 100 Back phone number). I got a nice rep, explained the situation, he said he could see in his system that I had all the things needed to qualify but he would have to transfer me to the Cash Back people. I said I felt like he was giving me the runaround and I had been a customer for 10 yrs. He said, "Let me speak to a supervisor."

Then he came back, we chatted about HDTV for a few minutes and he said, ok you are all set up.

So, try calling the normal number.

HB

I got mine without a problem. As others have suggested, contact ceo@dishnetwork.com. Others have reported very good luck with contacting that email addy for problems you can't seem to get satisfaction with.

I will try the ceo email. I guess I will also forward the email I got from customer service more than 4 months ago saying I would receive it the next month. I have called several different numbers given to me by customer reps and each time was told there was no problem. The very first time I called I did get the runaround about them never receiving it but then I resent it promptly by registered mail and it was received before deadline. I am just so sick and tired of constantly having to check back every month to get something that was promised and not delivered.

I am only getting half ... $10 bill credits where there should be $20 / mo. Not worth fighting about.

I'm going on 8 months also. I remailed copies of the form, along with the originals. I've emailed ceo@echostar 5 times, called the "rebate hotline" number 4 times now, and I still don't have any credits on my bill.
Same story every time "it will appear on your next bill"

I've called for the last three months to complain about it. Each time they tell me it will show up next month. Last week I finally got tired of it and emailed CEO@Dishnetwork.com to complain. I just received (2 hours ago) a response from them saying he has corrected the problem so I should see the credit next month. He also gave me a one time $10 extra credit for the inconvenience.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. It could be that the processing is done by someone else and maybe they make money by delaying or denying the rebates. It could be just a ploy to extend your service agreement. The longer they make you wait the longer you have to subscribe to get the rebate that is spread out over 10 months. It is just bad business. If I'm treated fairly and receive good service I will become a faithful customer. The HD programming and 622 DVR is the best in the business. I love it. But the customer service is horrible, I dread communicating with them. I'm calling again and emailing ceo@dishnetwork.com .

My upgrade was on the 14th of Sept. About 2 weeks ago I emailed the ceo@ and they said they would resubmit it. Got my bil the other day and the 1st $10 credit was there. Thanks CEO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)