Does Anyone Know how DirectTV responded the the TEGNA price increase?

They are. I wish these company would publish they're annual earnings publicly. I guess I need to be a shareholder in these companies to see that.
There are ALWAYS certain "numbers" NONE of these companies (and I mean all companies in all industries) ever releases because it may cause a consumer revolt. You're never gonna get the full disclosure from ANY company. Often, negotiated rates are subject to non-disclosure agreements, so we are SOL on those numbers too--but sometimes the press prints "likely" rates after research or may get documents leaked to them with posted rates.

Do they need every local channel in their market all the time? And some percentage of them are in OTA range, while others have streaming capability from various Internet sources like cell or satellite if cable or DSL isn't available. I'm sure some percentage of them fall into the "could lose them" category, but certainly not all of them.
But a fair number of them have chosen to be included under "Must Carry." It is usually the networked affiliated or the really big "independents" who choose to negotiate rates because they often have programming that people in those DMA's want to watch (stations that MVPD's willing to pay for), whilst those who choose inclusion under "Must Carry" need an MVPD more than the MVPD needs that channel.

Reactions: sam_gordon
But a fair number of them have chosen to be included under "Must Carry." It is usually the networked affiliated or the really big "independents" who choose to negotiate rates because they often have programming that people in those DMA's want to watch (stations that MVPD's willing to pay for), whilst those who choose inclusion under "Must Carry" need an MVPD more than the MVPD needs that channel.
"Must carry" stations are not an issue since they don't get taken down and the providers don't have a retrans contract with them.The Tegna take down only involves one, or two in a few DMA's, of the Big Four networks. The others are still available as alternatives for the relatively few that have no other options. It's a subset of those few that may choose to change providers. The rest will ride it out just as they have in the past for other take downs.

Reactions: TheKrell
Who cares, I don't subscribe to locals anymore, if Dish reaches a settlement with TENGA &/or Sinclair and my rates go up because of it, or because of increases in Channels I don't watch, I will cancel and just use online streaming.
Probably the people who get their locals through Dish care. Also, the increase of rates in channels you don't watch has been happening for a couple decades now.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)