Does Anyone Know If This Is Possible????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect multiple dishes to one reciever, so that you can watch different channels from multiple dishes without having to switch from one box to the other?

I have 11 lnbf's hooked to one receiver, and it's set-up for 4 receivers. Using 4x4 multi-switches and 8x1 diseqc switches, on a Torodial dish and an old Primestar dish.

Al

then how come????

then how come you cannot hook up your cable tv and satellite to the same box, and watch them on the same box, so you dont have to switch from cable to satellite???

because they run at different frequencies...and do you honestly think satellite companies would allow you to get cable channels on their box and vise versa?

then how come you cannot hook up your cable tv and satellite to the same box, and watch them on the same box, so you dont have to switch from cable to satellite???
Same reason you cannot hook your telephone to the radio, phone line, and the wal-mart intercom at the same time I suppose... Because they are different devices..

Now you COULD hook up your cable and satellite to the same device, if you had a cable tuner card and a satellite tuner card in the same PC... but thats another story

edit: oops, too slow. Iceberg already covered it :)

I don't have Cable, but I do have 4dtv and Dish Network and 3 @ FTA Receivers and a DVD player with them all hooked to a Denon AVR 3805 Receiver and then connected to a Mits 73" CRT projection HDTV and it also has OTA tv and a D-VHS hooked through Firewire. So with 4 remotes I can pretty much watch anything on my tv (which is a box) from my easy chair.

Al

Same reason you cannot hook your telephone to the radio, phone line, and the wal-mart intercom at the same time I suppose... Because they are different devices..

Now you COULD hook up your cable and satellite to the same device, if you had a cable tuner card and a satellite tuner card in the same PC... but thats another story

edit: oops, too slow. Iceberg already covered it :)

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT A cable tuner card and a satellite tuner card in the same PC????????????????????

...So with 4 remotes I can pretty much watch anything on my tv (which is a box) from my easy chair.

Al
*lol* .. after reading that, I glanced over at the stack of remotes laying next to my bed.. I count 11 remotes over there.. and I know that there are at least 6 more remotes in this room for things that are not currently in use, or don't get used via remote very often.

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT A cable tuner card and a satellite tuner card in the same PC????????????????????
Not much to tell.. if you have the option of a tuner card for your pc (there is at least 1 QAM? that I've heard of.. and plenty of analog tuners), then get one & and the software. There are tons of satellite dvb cards & software out there. It's just a matter of preference, and configuration.

*lol* .. after reading that, I glanced over at the stack of remotes laying next to my bed.. I count 11 remotes over there.. and I know that there are at least 6 more remotes in this room for things that are not currently in use, or don't get used via remote very often.
Actually I only mentioned the 4 I use most regularly (DishNet, 4dtv Mits, and Denon), but the Pansat and Qualitv would be pretty close. After reading your response, I have to admit I have 12 mostly collecting dust, but with-in reach of my easy chair. I also have second (UHF) remotes for the DishNet and Pansat in the Bedroom that controls those 2 receivers.

Al

Actually I only mentioned the 4 I use most regularly (DishNet, 4dtv Mits, and Denon), but the Pansat and Qualitv would be pretty close. After reading your response, I have to admit I have 12 mostly collecting dust, but with-in reach of my easy chair. I also have second (UHF) remotes for the DishNet and Pansat in the Bedroom that controls those 2 receivers.

Al
*lol* .. at least I'm in good company! I often think about breaking out the jp1 cable and programming my old radioshack remote to control most of these things from one remote.. but now I'm so used to using all of the remotes, that it doesn't seem worth the time/effort to do so..

Tvwatchingdude, I have a DVB tuner card (FTA box on a PCI card basically) and an over-the-air (OTA) ATSC/clear QAM cable HDTV tuner card in a slow PC (Sempron 2500+) and have no problems receiving (and recording) programming from both cards on my PC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.