Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I had direct 2 years ago and when it would rain my signal dropped.'even in moderate rain. Does direct have a new dish that helps with rain fade? My signal strength was in the upper 90's too. I understand that it can go out in heavy rain or cloudy but the reason being is the wife would also get annoyed when it did. Has direct added more satellites in the sky within these last 2 years?

If you're losing signal is light rain something is wrong. Either the dish is out of alignment or you've got some bad wiring or faulty LNB.

What state are you in?

I notice when i travel to florida walt disney area i can peak the dish and a little rain storm comes thru and mine is gone. Not sure why. In nc its good and has to be a major rain to knock it out

robjlevin is correct. If you are losing signal in a light or even moderate rain, something is wrong.

Yeah I know my dish was out of alignment 4 or 5 times when I had direct . I could of had bad wiring because the guy that came out was nice but he cut a lot of corners. That's what frustrated my wife was we would lose signal in some light rain storms but mostly moderate to heavy storms. My grandpa has direct and he only loses signal when the thick storm clouds roll in. Light , moderate and even heavy rain he doesn't have a problem. Is it too much to ask for an installer who works for the company directly vs a contractor?

Yeah I know my dish was out of alignment 4 or 5 times when I had direct . I could of had bad wiring because the guy that came out was nice but he cut a lot of corners. That's what frustrated my wife was we would lose signal in some light rain storms but mostly moderate to heavy storms. My grandpa has direct and he only loses signal when the thick storm clouds roll in. Light , moderate and even heavy rain he doesn't have a problem. Is it too much to ask for an installer who works for the company directly vs a contractor?

I would just call D* and tell them your having intermittent signal issues and would like a tech to come out and they will re align your dish then.

I would just call D* and tell them your having intermittent signal issues and would like a tech to come out and they will re align your dish then.

I bet the dish isn't solid. Prolly went straight into the decking vs actually hitting solid wood. If you're having issues that often then something isn't right

Going out in light rain is not normal. If you are in clinton township Michigan you will get Multiband there are no company installers there.

When I first tried to get direct an idiot installer came out and said nope way too many trees. Then he said I could get a 2 by 4 and mount it to that and attach it to my deck. So I tried about a year later and the installer mounted it to a poll. Does direct have a slimmer dish? The one I have now is pretty big. I'd imagine they'll put a new dish on the poll.

I'm not sure what you mean by a slimmer dish. Are you referring to the footing of the mast?

I live in south Florida below Boca Raton.

I have both dish an Direc. We just had 2 days of solid downpours. Direc not once went down.

i'm in daytona and mine went out several times. checked my numbers this morning and they were great!

I've had to adjust satellite dishes before, even the Slimline, due to poor alignment done by Directv installers. It would go out during light rain. They had it mounted to the house. I put it on a pole and it has worked great since.

To answer the op's origional question.. no. They do not in relation to two years ago.

Having said that, i agree with all other posts here, if properly installed, the slimline will have minimal problems.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)