Does DirecTV have an answer to Hopper3/HopperGo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've had both and really couldn't see the difference.
I can see the difference, but to my eyes it is slight enough to not be one of the considerations when deciding on a provider. I had both D* (HR44 Genie) and E* (HWS) at the same time, viewing on my 73" Mitsi DLP showed minimal differences between the two, not enough to matter IMO.

But the haters gotta hate!! :)

BTW, my HWS is looking great on this new Sharp THX certified 4K TV!! :)

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Reactions: satjay
There really isn't much of a noticeable difference. The SD on DISH Looks way better on DISH (on Eastern Arc anyways). But thebHD is about the same.

If you are saying DISH HD looks bad you haven't seen DISH HD in awhile. :)

Reactions: satjay
I was visiting some friends up in Chicago last month, they had a Bulls game n CSN-Chicago on Dish, saw a bunch of macro blocking on it, just couldn't handle video with a lot of movement in it, don't see the same on DIRECTV. Other then that didn't see that much of a difference for just casual viewing.

There really isn't much of a noticeable difference. The SD on DISH Looks way better on DISH (on Eastern Arc anyways). But thebHD is about the same.

If you are saying DISH HD looks bad you haven't seen DISH HD in awhile. :)

Last week? The picture is constantly blurred up during any movement and the picture, overall, looks soft and washed out.

Their SD is better, true.

Pac 12 is Nowhere near as Big as the NY DMA Pro Sports.
I subscribe to Dish Network and I'm not going to use Pac against NY RSNs.
YANKEES, METS,ISLANDERS,RANGERS,DEVILS, KNICKS,NETS

Not to mention the other Minor league and college games missing.
Plus the missing Regional sports shows.
PA,NY,NJ,CT are all affected by NY RSNs

BIG TEN , Maybe but definitely Pac 12

But also I don't have to spend $6.63 every month either.

How many customers live in the Pac12 region compared to those in the NYC dma and surrounding area?
Seriously? Got NYC bias much? I don't care about the PAC12 at all, but the footprint is MUCH bigger than NYC. The conference covers LA, SF, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. to even remotely think the NY DMA might be bigger than the entire west coast is kind of funny.

Here are the numbers, btw:
NY 7,368,320
LA 5,489,810
Bay Area 2,484,690 (so that's more than NY already)
Phoenix 1,848,850
Seattle 1,766,070

So yes, the PAC12 footprint has more tv households than NY.

Seriously? Got NYC bias much? I don't care about the PAC12 at all, but the footprint is MUCH bigger than NYC. The conference covers LA, SF, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. to even remotely think the NY DMA might be bigger than the entire west coast is kind of funny.

NY 7,368,320
LA 5,489,810
Phoenix 1,848,850
Seattle 1,766,070

But what about its Fan base?
Last I checked it was the 2nd lowest of all college divisions.

It could span the USA that doesn't mean anything.

NY 7,368,320
LA 5,489,810
Phoenix 1,848,850
Seattle 1,766,070

Actually there are 8 Million Yankees and 700,000 Mets Fans across the USA as of 2014.
That's just Baseball.

And the NY sports DMA, has 20.1 million.
f25f2b4391ab08873334cf453dd95f44.jpg

NY 7,368,320
LA 5,489,810
Phoenix 1,848,850
Seattle 1,766,070

You missed the "and surrounding area" part of my post.

How many customers live in the Pac12 region compared to those in the NYC dma and surrounding area?

And the NY sports DMA, has 20.1 million.

You missed the "and surrounding area" part of my post.

The original point was people living in the region, not fans of the teams. I did provide the tv households rather than total population. I believe tv households (Nielson's numbers) are more relevant, but I'm pretty sure they'd rank similarly either way. There are far more people in the PAC 12 region (CA, OR, WA, AZ, UT, CO) than in the NY DMA, "and surrounding area", which, I understand, quickly becomes Philly or Boston/NE fans anyway.

I am sure there are more Yankees fans than USC fans, but that's not what was said.

FWIW, I live in ATL, grew up as a fan of an SEC team that has won some titles recently, and went to an ACC school. Because I've followed conference re-alignment fairly closely, I have a pretty decent understanding of the relative interest levels in the difference conferences. The lack of PAC12 network carriage is almost certainly not costing DirecTV many customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)