Does Directv offer any Discounts when you pay Automatically by CreditCard each Month?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Does Directv offer any Discounts or any promos when you pay Automatically by CreditCard each Month?

I currently pay by Credit card but i have sign in to the website by myself and pay each month.

and thinking on having directv charge my cred card automatically.

Thanks

I don't believe either DISH or Directv gives any discounts for credit card autopay. You do save 37 cents postage though.

I don't think many companies do that any more. It was a promotion to get people doing it so it would save the companies money (less staff, etc.) Remember when banks didn't charge people to use ATMs. We all know where that went. They got us hooked and then added the fees. Same thing here. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these places started charging a fee when you pay by check one of these days.

I know many power companies have a 1-3% off per month if paid directly out of checking account.

With a CC it is a little harder to justify a 2 or 5 % savings for customers, as the company charging the CC has to pay a couple percent of the sale plus a flat rate, including any other discounts for using a credit card would reduce margins even moreso.

I would be all about a direct deduction from a checking acct with a small % discount each month :)

Those guys are definitely the exception to the rule then. That's pretty rare these days.

hdtvtechno said:
Does Directv offer any Discounts or any promos when you pay Automatically by CreditCard each Month?

I currently pay by Credit card but i have sign in to the website by myself and pay each month.

and thinking on having directv charge my cred card automatically.

Thanks

I think you're smart for doing on-demand payment instead of auto-pay. That way you're in control, and can easily change CC's, depending on what incentive promos may be running at the time.

I look at things another way. If I can float the payment for 45-50 days for free by using the CC with the correct statement closing date, I consider that to be my discount. An important consideration when one's income comes entirely from accounts receivable ;)

Pat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)