Does Dish Network have any plans to improve picture quality?

As he posted, from past posts from users on this site and other forums.

I just wanted to know how you knew
Honestly it's not really a Hidden thing.
Dishes Tech support also stated such during our long phone conversation about my slow Joey, and the Tech also stated such when he came to look at my slow Joey.

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal.
Only certain members here won't hear of such or accept facts if they may seem like they downplay Dish.

Only reason I brought it up, is because some of yous make it sound like Dish has tons of space on Eastern Arc, Well they wouldn't if the Had Full Res 1080i content, and the NY RSN and the Missing Premium SD and HD channels that most every provider has.

There is an awful lot of compromise for such an abundance of available bandwidth.

Honestly it's not really a Hidden thing.
Dishes Tech support also stated such during our long phone conversation about my slow Joey, and the Tech also stated such when he came to look at my slow Joey.

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal.
Only certain members here won't hear of such or accept facts of they may seem like they downplay Dish.

Only reason I brought it up, is because some of yous make it sound like Dish has tons of space on Eastern Arc, Well they wouldn't if the Had Full Res 1080i content, and the NY RSN and the Missing Premium SD and HD channels that most every provider has.

There is an awful lot of compromise for such an abundance of available bandwidth.
They have HBO on Roku for the missing premiums..I do believe the 77 bird is pretty empty

They have HBO on Roku for the missing premiums..I do believe the 77 bird is pretty empty
Well that's nice and all, but Dish has all the HBOs, It's Cinemax, Showtime, and we aren't talking about the ways to get the content, The reason Dish doesn't have them is because they don't have all that space everyone claims is available.
That a good barging tool with the networks if you ask me.
And 77 well that's great ,a lot of good it does for all the 1000.2EA the have been installing for the past couple years.

Well that's nice and all, but Dish has all the HBOs, It's Cinemax, Showtime, and we aren't talking about the ways to get the content, The reason Dish doesn't have them is because they don't have all that space everyone claims is available.
That a good barging tool with the networks if you ask me.
And 77 well that's great ,a lot of good it does for all the 1000.2EA the have been installing for the past couple years.
Isn't content what people want? Its available with a Dish network logon on Roku..no extra charge

As the OP stated Comcast has better PQ.Well my son has Comcast in San Jose,CA. and I can tell you their PQ is better,but on his Comcast box he has a 1080p/30 and 1080p/60 picture settings.

While he has less channels,Comcast has an awesome On Demand and the Internet(120Mbps) to back it up.

When I had DirecTV they had better PQ that Dish,but their KA band lost the picture easier in the rain compared to my Dish KU band picture.

Both DirecTV and Dish boxes have 1080i channels and 1080p PPV.

Dish broadcasting in 1440x1080 had been known for what now, a decade ?
Well acually yes and in 2005 -2007 Directv was acually worse with 1280x1080
But IMO when Dish was doing 1440 with MPEG 2 with the Voom, I still think that's way better then what we have in front of us today.
And our TVs now are far more advanced.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If we had full 1080p instead of higher compressed 720 then how much better would the picture quality end up being? Looks like Dish has a bit of bandwidth to start 4K on 77 for when the time comes.

If we had full 1080p instead of higher compressed 720 then how much better would the picture quality end up being? Looks like Dish has a bit of bandwidth to start 4K on 77 for when the time comes.
It would be better on the 1080i PQ, There is no live 1080p content anyway.
The 720p would improve if Dish wasn't over
cramming channels per transponder.
But again it's not BAD HD, and it Certainly isn't night a day, like some Directv fans claim.

But it is noticeable particularly in sports, and the Live News casts as well as The Sports channels like ESPN.
Directv in that aspect looks really good, Fios looks even Better.
If Fios does 4K ,That would be something!

Movies, I don't think they look any different IMO between Directv and Dish.

But again, I don't think Dish chose this PQ output because people wouldn't know or care about the difference, The did this because they are starved for bandwidth.
They always have been!

And again the 77?
That must not be too close back into the works, considering they don't install 1000.4s anymore except for International installs in the eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)