Does Dish Network have any plans to improve picture quality?

Don't let that stop a completely irrelevant rant...
really..the face Dish hates sports is irrelevant to the fact they don't carry full time RSN's..well guess what when they have the transponder space and still don't offer them what will your excuse be then?

The original statement from dare2be was that there was limited TP space, citing the lack of 24/7 HD RSNs. Your retort had nothing to do with the statement. The lack of NYC RSNs is a financial choice on Dish's behalf, not a TP issue. I'm not agree with it personally, as there should be an option, but that's a different discussion than dare2be's original statement.
they could offer the Big ten network with out any additional transponder space at minimal cost but they chose not to(in NYC)..Charlie is value minded.he needs a return on his investment..full time RSN's will not add any customers or produce any additional revenue so he won't do it

I bet full time RSNs would allow for Dish to be a viable option for some existing DTV customers, thus adding potential customers.

Satellite providers are allocated certain slots (satellite orbitals) with a fixed number of transponders on each bird, I believe Dish is at or near it's maximum and can't "add" another satellite, no permits no slots.

You can't just throw a satellite up there and use, you gotta have the gubments permission.

Satellite providers are allocated certain slots (satellite orbitals) with a fixed number of transponders on each bird, I believe Dish is at or near it's maximum and can't "add" another satellite, no permits no slots.

You can't just throw a satellite up there and use, you gotta have the gubments permission.
He would have to find another orbital slot for Eastern arc, that would mean another LNB change, and even possibly even another Dish change, that would be years out at the earliest.
Western arc, they would have to try and get Directv's 119 and 110 licenses, and good luck with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The question I've always wondered, is why on Earth couldn't Dish make use of the 105,110 and 119 for the entire lower 48?
1 arc!

They couldn't obtain more licenses for the 105?

they could offer the Big ten network with out any additional transponder space at minimal cost but they chose not to(in NYC)..Charlie is value minded.he needs a return on his investment..full time RSN's will not add any customers or produce any additional revenue so he won't do it
Again, although a valid argument to be debated, it's unrelated to dare2be's statement.

He would have to find another orbital slot for Eastern arc, that would mean another LNB change, and even possibly even another Dish change, that would be years out at the earliest.
Western arc, they would have to try and get Directv's 119 and 110 licenses, and good luck with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The question I've always wondered, is why on Earth couldn't Dish make use of the 105,110 and 119 for the entire lower 48?
1 arc!

They couldn't obtain more licenses for the 105?
lots of room on eastern arc

Boy do I agree. We had a new room wired for DISH, I brought a VIP receiver in to make sure it worked and nothing. After checking a couple of things I changed the HDMI cable and boom, it worked. That cable worked minutes before. Tried the HDMI cable on the WDLive player and nothing. That isn't the first time trouble shooting I found it was the HDMI cable causing the problem, not just no signal. (Freezing was another source of the problem)

Many say HDMI Cables are all the same, but I found some cables will work with my PS3 and others won't.

What is a BD?

I don't like abbreviations. I understand the common ones and sometimes am too embarrassed to ask what they mean. Now everyone is talking about TP and I don't have a clue what that is. Maybe I missed it in another post.

They tried that when AT&T acquired DirecTV. It was in the long document on the conditions of the merger - the doc that is 100's of pages. Somewhere in there, Dish Network asked for the transponders at 110, the DirecTV/AT&T response was that they are used for Puerto Rico, and the FCC's response was that dish acquiring those transponders was just for Dish's personal gains.

Many say HDMI Cables are all the same, but I found some cables will work with my PS3 and others won't.

I don't like abbreviations. I understand the common ones and sometimes am too embarrassed to ask what they mean. Now everyone is talking about TP and I don't have a clue what that is. Maybe I missed it in another post.
HDMI cables certainly are not the same.
What people mean when they say that, they are talking about PQ.

A proper working $50 HDMI cable isn't going to be any better then a Proper working $5 HDMI cable.
Digital doesn't work like that.

But you certainly could have connectivity issues from different types of cables no doubt.

I've had a cable that had little sparkles on the screen with one component(HR24), and switched it to a different component (LG Blu Ray)and was perfectly fine.

Reactions: Tampa8

Transponder, sorry.

Attachments

• 1449439742836.jpg
    1449439742836.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 164
  • 1449439756967.jpg
    1449439756967.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 1449439768651.jpg
    1449439768651.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 148

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)