Does Dish offer an on time guarantee?

dznylvr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 10, 2004
My installer was supposed to be here between 8-12.

I get a phone call at 11:45 that the guy is running late and should be here by 12:15.

It's now almost 1:00 and no sign of him.:mad:

Does Dish offer any type of on-time guarantee?

I was hoping to get some work done this afternoon but by the time this guy finishes it'll be 3:00 or 4:00.

Thanks for letting vent.

No garauntee at all, theres no way to offer such a thing in this industry, even domino's stopped doing it. The thing that people and Dish do not seem to understand is that every home we go to is going to be diferent and not the ideal situation of a 3 bedroom ranch with an open basement and brand new rg - 6 quad shield runs to each room times 4 and no line of site issues, this doesnt even begin to cover the other issues that can delay a tech on any given job.

Thank you for your responses.

He finally showed up and now he's telling me he has to hit 4 Sat's for my area (so. Cal).

110, 119, 61.5 for HD and 129 for HD.

I keep trying to tell him to spin the 61.5 to 129 and all S/B good.

Am I wrong?

Thanks

the hd is mirrored on 61.5 and 129. The key difference for you will be HD locals. They are on 129. However some have said even on west coast 61.5 gets a better signal than 129.
so if you do all 4 sats you will get the best of all worlds with no additional dishes

He's trying to put up a superdish for 110,119,129 on the same and leave the 61.5 alone.

But I also have an OTA to pick up local uncompressed.

Thanks.

Van said:
No garauntee at all, theres no way to offer such a thing in this industry, even domino's stopped doing it. ...
My local Cable Company does make such an offer. One has to be persistent, but the money is available as provided in their Charter from the County.

SaltiDawg said:
My local Cable Company does make such an offer. One has to be persistent, but the money is available as provided in their Charter from the County.

The problem with the cable companies offering an on time guarantee is the person sent out will do no more than what is necessary and sometimes will not finish a job because they will be penalized if they miss the next appontment. It has happened to me too many times.

gdarwin said:
The problem with the cable companies offering an on time guarantee is the person sent out will do no more than what is necessary and sometimes will not finish a job because they will be penalized if they miss the next appontment. It has happened to me too many times.

And this is why an ontime guarantee should not be used by a company and does not work. Domino's had to abandon this avenue after its drivers ended up getting in traffic acidents left and right.

sometimes it is difficult because dispatch will give us 2 or 3 8-12 AM jobs. My office does not provide us with Cell phones (DNSC office) and I am not going to use my phone because I do not get reimbursed (except on weekends which are free). We do have a Nextel, but only the 2 way radio option. I call dispatch when I think I am being late and tell dispatch to call the customer.

dznylvr said:
Does Dish offer any type of on-time guarantee?

Ummm, let me answer that this way. NBR is right on schedule for the 50x's.:confused:

dishguy15022 said:
sometimes it is difficult because dispatch will give us 2 or 3 8-12 AM jobs.

Is that installs? Hell, I've had 4-5 AMs sometimes all in different towns. Its cool if its all service work, unless I land on a botched install, but ineveitably, 2 of those 5 are double doubles (4 room installs). That's when I play customer roulette. I keep my cell number caller id blocked (thanks to some weirdos for making me do that), so the first number I get through to somebody on is the first place I go. Everybody else will be waiting.....

Time warner here has or had an on time service guarantee. They didn't mention their policy towards that until the middle of the interview. I very nearly walked out, but I didn't and instead tanked the interview on purpose 3 or 4 questions later, when they asked if I would still be installing satellites if they hired me. I said "yes", but think about it. When would I have time, if they kept me as busy as they implied.

gdarwin said:
While I had a myriad of problems when I was with cable years ago, this certainly wasn't one I encountered.

chadzx11 said:
Is that installs? Hell, I've had 4-5 AMs sometimes all in different towns. Its cool if its all service work, unless I land on a botched install, but ineveitably, 2 of those 5 are double doubles (4 room installs).

They are always botched when it comes to the subs in southern michigan.

yeah i kinda agree it wouldntbe possible for them to say i will be there a 9:45 with los angeles traffic i usually dont get to my first am til around 9am and the worst part is we will have three am jobs which will be two trouble call and a new connect and then two or three pm we adverage 6 jobs per tech ( 100-130 units) for routing or you could get no am's and 5 pm's and no early acess, from dispatch witch cannot give it to you if there are open unrouted jobs available so were screwed but our nextel radio's have the phones available for us to use if needed
and for those of you who dont know i work out of dns torrance (los angeles) well atleast til saturday when will move our office to long beach we got evicted!!

cali_installer said:
yeah i kinda agree it wouldntbe possible for them to say i will be there a 9:45 with los angeles traffic i usually dont get to my first am til around 9am and the worst part is we will have three am jobs which will be two trouble call and a new connect and then two or three pm we adverage 6 jobs per tech ( 100-130 units) for routing or you could get no am's and 5 pm's and no early acess, from dispatch witch cannot give it to you if there are open unrouted jobs available so were screwed but our nextel radio's have the phones available for us to use if needed
and for those of you who dont know i work out of dns torrance (los angeles) well atleast til saturday when will move our office to long beach we got evicted!!

100 - 130 units, check with your fsm, there should be a memo sitting in your office stating what the current points per tech completed should be and jobs per tech completed should be. I'll have to see if I can find mine out in the car and send you what it is, your gonna be really pissed I bet.

So the torrance shop got evicted did it? Sounds like the building owner is going to do something with the building then or is there more to the story?

our office really doesnt care what corp. say's there is always a point to prove about doing work and who can do the most and sinc we have over 150 installers they like to see a lot of completed jobs-were getting evicted because we have to many installers in one office to many spaces being used in the parking lot and worst of all alot of techs drink after work in the parking lot and then leave empty liquor/beer containers in the lot for the other businesses to complain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)