Does Dish try to "save" customers from leaving?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll be the first to say that only your eyes and what they see are what matter, but something ain't right.... Sub-channels or not, they still exist coming from the TV station. They're allocated "X" amount of bandwidth for (1) or as many channels and sub-channels as they want to offer. Insight is receiving the same signal, even if they're receiving it via microwave or fiber, the station is still outputting the same signal.

If you had tried just one receiver, you could certainly point the finger at it, but you've tried two....

Again, if you think they look better, that's all that matters.

I guess it could've just been the different inputs. The OTA was via DVI/HDMI whereas the Cable box was hooked up through components. It was almost too close to call, but subjectively the cable picture seemed to look just a tiny bit better. I also preferred the nationals (e.g. Discovery, etc.) over my cable compared to Dish.

Anyway, my point is that, at least in Central Indiana, Insight Cable has excellent HD picture quality. So whoever the original poster was can't really go too wrong either way.

Edgar in Indy

I'll be the first to say that only your eyes and what they see are what matter, but something ain't right.... Sub-channels or not, they still exist coming from the TV station. They're allocated "X" amount of bandwidth for (1) or as many channels and sub-channels as they want to offer. Insight is receiving the same signal, even if they're receiving it via microwave or fiber, the station is still outputting the same signal.

Not always. Here in Raleigh TWC receives a HD feed not available OTA from PBS
channel 4 (WUNC-TV).

That's what is stopping me from either leasing a 622 all of the fees assoc. with it. I am spoiled by my 721 and 508 no fees at all. HD is not that big of a deal and i get it on my local Cable thru Comcast for $5.00 a month. Best dish would do is 100 credit for my 942 and $10.00 off ten

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts