Does Dishmover extend your contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bross

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
New Jersey
I'm moving and don't want to extend my contract because I won't get my current RSN at the new address. When my contract is up, I'm switching to Direct for MLB extra innings. Does anyone know if a dishmover extends your contract?

I'm moving and don't want to extend my contract because I won't get my current RSN at the new address. When my contract is up, I'm switching to Direct for MLB extra innings. Does anyone know if a dishmover extends your contract?

I think only if you do the Dishmover equipment upgrade along with the move do you extend the commitment.

I did it 4 years ago, and at that time I had to commit to a minimum package for a year. I believe the package was AT200 (or whatever it was called back then), while I went with a 3-sat system and that required AT250.

Mover

If you take the free mover they will extend your contract. If you pay the $99 mover fee, you don't have to extend the contract.

I wonder if I could just change my billing address and keep my current service address until the contract is up. The new place has a dish 500 that I could hook up myself.

I wonder if I could just change my billing address and keep my current service address until the contract is up. The new place has a dish 500 that I could hook up myself.

Just changing your service address won't affect your commitment. Like I said earlier I just did a Mover under DHPP and it didn't extend my commitment. I've checked twice since to be sure. Call and ask whether a Mover under DHPP increases your commitment. If it doesn't, sign up for DHPP, do the move, and then drop DHPP afterward. Otherwise if you do the install yourself at the new address, you won't affect your commitment in any way.

I've also been wondering about this. My cousin just used DishMover to move, but I'm pretty sure they have DHPP on their account. If the DishMover didn't bind them into a commitment then they definitely aren't in a commitment since they've had it for 4-5 years now and haven't upgraded anything. They are wanting to upgrade their 625 and Dish 500 to a 722 and Dish 1000.2 since they just got a HD TV a couple months ago. They don't want to have to pay for both of them obviously and I'm figuring if they aren't in a commitment they could get the 722 and new dish for next to nothing with a 24 month commitment. What do you guys think?

I've also been wondering about this. My cousin just used DishMover to move, but I'm pretty sure they have DHPP on their account. If the DishMover didn't bind them into a commitment then they definitely aren't in a commitment since they've had it for 4-5 years now and haven't upgraded anything. They are wanting to upgrade their 625 and Dish 500 to a 722 and Dish 1000.2 since they just got a HD TV a couple months ago. They don't want to have to pay for both of them obviously and I'm figuring if they aren't in a commitment they could get the 722 and new dish for next to nothing with a 24 month commitment. What do you guys think?

Yes E* will do the 1000.2 install free if they take on a 24-month commitment. The whole thing is usually part of the 722 upgrade fee. E* usually insists on doing the original HD install.

I know for a fact they can get it for nothing. I got two 722's and 1000.2 dish for no fee, only because I was out of commitment. That is the only time you hold any bargaining leverage. I just asked nicely at the ceo email. Got a call back in an hour.

Mover

A lot is who you talk to. If you don't like the first answer, try again with someone else. As an installer I see a lot of movers with 24 month commitment, and a lot without. It doesn't seem to be dhpp related. The longer you have been with dish, the more leverage you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)