Does order of Duo Node inputs matter?

on my install they replaced the dish with a 1000.2 with integrated pro lnbf and used the existing lines to the duo node.

they removed the dpp44 switch as well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

rdinkel said:
Just wondering, when you connect the outputs from the DPP33 switch to the inputs on the Duo Node, does it matter which output connects to which input?

I have a DPP33, my installer said he didn't think it mattered, but he hooked it up in order.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I dont see why it would matter on a dpp33. All 3 ports function the same. But if you have a 1000.2 lnb you wouldnt need the switch at all (feed any wing dish into the LNBF IN port on the 1000.2 then 3 lines to the node). I know on a dpp44 you have to use ports 2-4 only because the dual noee seems to have issues reading signal thru the power inserter.

John Kotches said:
Is there a reason for running 2 dishes, as opposed to the 1000.2 pointed to Western Arc?

I've installed a wing dish on a 1.2 if I cant get LOS on one of the satellites (usually 129 due to elevation or rarely 119dus to a tree splitting my window)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

rdinkel said:
I need the switch, since I have two dishes with DP LNBFs.

I would ask your tech about swapping your old LNBs with newer DPP either way. Since your running a dual node, if he doesnt want to run a wing line then a 3rd line down, he should still need a switch. It only takes a few minutes to replace an LNB & verify signal levels while he's up there.
The only purpose of having a DPP44 would then be if you have a non-H/J box in your house. I see a lot of customers that take a box from house to RV, & the best I can tell that will be nigh imposssible with H/J's.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

I used to always take a receiver from the house to our 5th wheel. Got tired of that so bought a 211k just for the camper. Got tired of always trying to aim a 1000.2, so got the Winegard Travler automatic deploying dish. Finally, wanted to upgrade to the Hopper system ... so now I have the H/J on the camper. Works great ... but I guess that sort of defeats what you were talking about moving from the house. I would imagine it would work ok, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts