Does "Oversized" oval dish exist?

snidely

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2003
I am posting this question here because I am thinking of upgrading my BEV system from a 6000 box to the "942" box that they are releasing 7/5. (BEV is a Canadian DBS system that licenses DISH hardware.)
They use two satellites, 9 degrees apart (82 and 91). Right now I am using a 24" dish for 82 and an 18" for 91.

An 18" dish for 82 probably would just give me marginal signal strength. The 24" give me readings in the low-mid 80's for 82. The 18" give mid 80s for 91.

So, is there a single oval dish available that would give more "pulling power" than a 18" round would give? Would this oval dish come w. a built in switch?
I've seen 20" oval dishes advertised. I assume that is equal in "pulling power" to an 18" round pointed at each sat.

Thanks.

...mike

Channel Master makes an oval dish for Directv 101,110,& 119 locations. 119 & 110 are the same location wether Dish or Directv and the 9 degree separation should also work for 82 & 91. Directv LNBs are the same as DISH Legacy so they should be usable with Legacy switching. The other answer to your question is, there is no DISH 500 larger than the 20".

Why not use a 24" Dish 500 with a Dish Pro twin? Since you are getting a 942, the DP lnb will work fine. You can skew the dish and the lnb will still catch both sats since they are the same 9 degrees apart as 110 and 119. My friend subs to BEV through a broker and he has no problem using this dish setup.

mm1 said:
Why not use a 24" Dish 500 with a Dish Pro twin? Since you are getting a 942, the DP lnb will work fine. You can skew the dish and the lnb will still catch both sats since they are the same 9 degrees apart as 110 and 119. My friend subs to BEV through a broker and he has no problem using this dish setup.

The dish 500 is only 20". Dish does have a 24" single lnb dish that you could use with a dual.

OR:

You could just expand your current dish setup to handle two tuners. Dual LNB on each dish plus a pair of SW-21s should do the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts