Does Sadoun use favoritism?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Just wondering why some people get their products shipped earlier than others on this board? Any truth to this from anyone else as I've seen it 3 times now in the last 6 months?

3 times in 6 months hardly sounds like a high enough occurance to infer favoritism, lots of things can make shipping experiences vary from order to order, and since most of the shipping process is out of Sadouns (and other retailers) hands, it would be pretty hard for them to practice preferential treatment, or at least hard to make a case against them for it.

It should be noted, that I realize that you are posting this to find out if there are more occurances, in which case I applaude you for taking the time to investigate before blanket accusations.

Just curious, if they are playing favorites, what do you think it is they are favoring? What commonalities did the 3 you observed possess? Location? Distance? Friends? Forum Rank(i.e. Pub Supporter, membership time, other status')? I am not trying to be argumentative, I just want to know where you're at on this.

Disclaimer: I myself have never bought from Sadoun. This post was in no way defense for Sadoun, merley a check-valve.

Last edited:
I've ordered 3 times from them and others on the board tell me there products ship sooner than 4 business days after payment has arrived. Mine take longer to start the shipping procedure. Why is that?

I am afraid I do not have enough information about the 3 occurances you refer to for me to give a proper reply.

Maybe they live closer? Maybe they had problems with your method of payment? Maybe the guy just likes those 3 people more? Maybe they are disorganized? Your guess is as good as mine, I hope you find your answer though. :)

Are you mailing a check or something? I've always paid via Paypal and the item in on it's way in no time.

If it's a check maybe they wait for it to clear.

Payment has always been paypal. No problem with the payment. It cleared last week. My 1st e-mail from Fedex came Friday stating this Thursday for delivery. If it wasn't shipped until today. How's it getting to California ground in 2 days?

you have a point Mike

I know you bought the 6 foot dish (the same one I bought). I paid on a Monday, received on a Saturday and I live in MN. They shipped it Wednesday. Why would it take an extra 4 days to get to California? Damn for that time I could have picked up a couple dishes and delivered them to you Mike :)

Depends what your ordering and if they have it stock I guess.

from their own website...
Please allow up to </font><b><font face="Verdana">7</font><font face="Verdana" size="2"> </font></b><font face="Verdana" size="2">business days for your order to arrive after submitting your order &amp; payment.</font>

Friday the 31st will be 7 business days. I've sent the owner at the company an e-mail with the order and tracking numbers.

I ordered on Monday the 13th and was told by the polite lady they would ship out that day. I should get it the following Monday (which would have been 7 days). Well, Monday it didn't come, so on Tuesday late, I called to see if there was a problem. The guy who checked said it was shipped the day before (Monday the 20th) and I should get it by Friday (24th). Well, I got it the next day, Wednesday the 22nd. So, after it was actually shipped, it only took 2 days to get to Georgia. I would have liked to have gotten it sooner, but I'm happy I was able to get it. I never would have considered favoritism to be any kind of factor. But, I'm used to having things not working out in my favor anyway. This is my 1st order from Sadoun and things went good enough for me. Thanks Sadoun, the new 1.2 meter dish is great.

Al

Saturdays and Sundays do not count toward the shipping days. When some says 7 days, that means 7 business days; which are M-F only. AND this is started after it ships, not after the order placement, unless you specifically pay to have your order processed same day; not all e-companies provide this service.

charper1 said:
Saturdays and Sundays do not count toward the shipping days. When some says 7 days, that means 7 business days; which are M-F only. AND this is started after it ships, not after the order placement, unless you specifically pay to have your order processed same day; not all e-companies provide this service.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/order-notes.htm
Please allow up to 7 business days for your order to arrive after submitting your order & payment.

I submitted last Wednesday the 22nd. - 7 business days is the 31st.

Payment by paypal - order ships within 24 hours if shipping and billing addresses are the same.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Payments/Payment-options.htm

MikeI said:
Please allow up to 7 business days for your order to arrive after submitting your order & payment.

Payment by paypal - order ships within 24 hours if shipping and billing addresses are the same.

Thats nothing. I ordered on March 6th around 10 pm (I live in Michigan) so I'll say March 7th and I still haven't received my package. I was told it was going to ship on March 7th and here we are on March 28th and no package. I did get a tracking number on Friday but it still isn't on any truck or anything. Really disappointed. Here is my thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=58768&highlight=globecast

I'm sure its an honest mistake and it was out of stock but it would be nice if he could send an email and tell me that or better yet answer my email I sent him on March 14th. For the record, I used a credit card for payment.

Last edited:
My estimated delivery has changed to Saturday, April 1st to make up I guess for the 2 days I lost from the time I received the 1st e-mail last Friday to when the order was actually picked up today.

MikeI said:

Exactly!

Well just to point out how it works at MOST places:

Order after 1pm on Wed the 22nd means your order might get onto the floor by the end of that day but more than likely on the 23rd.

BUT we will assume an early AM order and start with the 22nd.

Add 24 hours to process and pack the order (as stated on the website) and package pick up will be end of day on the 23rd.

Add the 7 business day wait (as stated).... that would be Saturday April 1st.

If you are using UPS, that should push to Monday the 3rd because UPS does not drop regular home packages on Saturdays.

Monday was a very busy day for the shipping dept. Some items got pushed to Tuesday. Mine was one of them.

Hi All

Just to clarify we don't do any favoritism unless you pay for an express delivery service like 2nd day or next day delivery. :D

Last month we had a backorder situation with the 90cm dishes. That delayed shipping for these dishes for up to two weeks. Most customers who bought those dishes were informed by email or courtesy call. We might have missed some people, sorry :hatsoff:

In general, here are some suggestions that will avoid most delays in shipping your online order:

• Pay by credit card or Paypal
  • Billing address and shipping address the same
  • Address confirmed and verified on Paypal
  • Make sure you have listed a good email address and phone number to contact you

If sending payment by mail
  • Send money order (postal preferred)
  • Personal checks will always delay your order at least an extra 6-10 days

If the item is listed online as on Backorder, call or email to inquire about the delay expected.

If the item is in stock, they get it out fairly quick. They have always treated me right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)