Does Scott Boras looks stupid now or what?

Great players carry their teams to championships. AROD has never done this. Infact he is usally a dud in the post season. And keeping Posada and Mariano is the reason they will not win it again.

By that definition Both Ted Williams and Carl Yastrzemski are duds and the greatest player of all time was Yogi Berra (actually he was pretty good).

true he has never had a great post season but without the year he had they probably never would have made it to the post season. And let's face it a guy with that kind of production can always have a good October---even though to date he has not. I question that anyone is worth what he has been paid but the lack of a championship just does not ring true to me.

Last edited:
Gagne struggled with the Sox all year and the ALCS performance was painful to watch. But he is not horrible.

I don't necessarily disagree with you lord Vader. But at the time most of the board was absolutely convinced that Arod and Boras were speaking with one voice. My comment then was that we know Boras was to blame but we could only make assumptions about Arod's role.

As someone in the know, believe me: Boras was the one who intentionally released the info then issued his "sincere apology."

The guy's a selfish ass if there ever was one.

I would like to look at it the other way that no one seams to remember....
Wasn't it the YANKEES that came out and said that they "WILL NOT NEGOTIATE IF HE OPTS OUT OF HIS CONTRACT , HE DID AND THEY WENT BACK ON THEIR WORD AND STILL DID.

I find this to be something the yankees probably had planned all aong, but I wish they would have stuck to their word, but then again, it's the Yankees...

I found it odd that no one has given them any grief over this.

Jimbo

It was all over ESPN this morning that there were NO OTHER OFFERS on the table for ARod, and yet the Yankees are still going to give him the highest contract in the history of sports.

I think David Beckham got Arod beat 5yr/250million :p and he don't even play half the time lol

What you stated makes no sense.
Makes all the sense in the world. They are old mares that are on their last legs. Posada is 36 and somehow has a good year by some miracle and they sign him for four? They sign Mariano to 3? When those two probably only have 1 decent year left in them??? This isnt charity, its pro sports. Boston on the other hand has the good sense enough to sign the Yankee killer Schilling to only one year.

Gagne struggled with the Sox all year and the ALCS performance was painful to watch. But he is not horrible.
He is horrible in the post season. he belongs on the same chokers bench as Arod. I don't think any amount of lead is safe when he takes the mound.

By that definition Both Ted Williams and Carl Yastrzemski are duds and the greatest player of all time was Yogi Berra (actually he was pretty good).

true he has never had a great post season but without the year he had they probably never would have made it to the post season. And let's face it a guy with that kind of production can always have a good October---even though to date he has not. I question that anyone is worth what he has been paid but the lack of a championship just does not ring true to me.
When you pay that much money? He should have brought in 2 rings already!

Makes all the sense in the world. They are old mares that are on their last legs. Posada is 36 and somehow has a good year by some miracle and they sign him for four? They sign Mariano to 3? When those two probably only have 1 decent year left in them??? This isnt charity, its pro sports. Boston on the other hand has the good sense enough to sign the Yankee killer Schilling to only one year.

A good season by a miracle?! He is STILL, at 36, one of the top 5 catchers in the American League! And though I sure as sh*t would not pay him for four years, he is DEFINATELY worth a 2 year contract with a option on the 2nd year. Bet you cannot find more than 3 or 4 catchers that have been more consistant in the American League than Posada.

When you pay that much money? He should have brought in 2 rings already!

Sure every athlete should no matter what they are paid. But your analysis neglects the accomplishments of a lot of fine athletes simply becuse they never won a championship.

I don't like Ar od but I respect the year he had. I just think that your memory is too short and your analysis flawed. But we never see much of anything the same way. So I guess that we are both entitled to our opinions.

But here is something amazing. The NL Cy Young award was handed out today and somehow or other it is (at best) only the third biggest baseball story of the day. Instead we are talking about indictments and contract negotiations. That is sad.

A good season by a miracle?! He is STILL, at 36, one of the top 5 catchers in the American League! And though I sure as sh*t would not pay him for four years, he is DEFINATELY worth a 2 year contract with a option on the 2nd year. Bet you cannot find more than 3 or 4 catchers that have been more consistant in the American League than Posada.

I agree, this is also the dilema the Tigers were in when looking to re sign Pudge Rodriguez, who's out there thats available and better, Pudge and Posoda were in the same boat, so the Tigers kept Pudge.

Someone said that Rivera (made comment) had been signed, I missed that one, did anyone hear what the terms were ?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by vurbano View Post
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jimbo

there were reports yesterday that the Rivera deal wa done but apparently it is hung up over the length of the deal.

Disagree. It's the same reason the Tigers resigned Pudge. A catcher is the backbone of the team and you'll need someone with Posada's know-how to counsel all of the Yankees young arms.

Disagree. It's the same reason the Tigers resigned Pudge. A catcher is the backbone of the team and you'll need someone with Posada's know-how to counsel all of the Yankees young arms.

When the Red Sox signed Elston Howrad for the stretch run in 1967 some thought that they were crazy but Jim Lonborg (the ace) and the rest of the pitching staff gave him a lot of credit for developing the staff and helping a team that had finished in ninth place the year before remain calm in a pennant race.

there are a lot of subtleties to the sport of baseball. Sometimes you have to look beyond the stats to make a decision.

What is the alternative to Posada or Mariano? There is not a single catcher or closer in the free agent market that come close to either one.

As to A-Rod. True he has never won but even those have their days in the sun one day. You keep putting a winning team on the field and one day everything is going to click.

True, but IMO the good teams have figured out Mariano, especially the Red Sox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)