Does the 722 uses the same Broadcom chipset that 622 uses?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I've read the 722 is simply 622 repackaged with larger hard drive and different color casing.

Are there any other technical difference between the 622 and the 722?

Specifically, does the 722 use the BCM7038/7411 Broadcom chipset that the 622/221 uses.

I understand the 222 receiver does NOT use this particular chipset.

I think that they 722 does have a more modern chip that is better at ??? VC-1? I think its called. Its supposed to be better for IPTV stuff.

I just got a 722 and connected it to the same TV where a 622 was, the picture quality is noticeable better and the colors are more vivid. I didn't adjust anything on the TV and used the same cables that were there for the 622.

I just got a 722 and connected it to the same TV where a 622 was, the picture quality is noticeable better and the colors are more vivid. I didn't adjust anything on the TV and used the same cables that were there for the 622.

I noticed this myself once I got my 722 a couple of months back. IT looks much sharper and even sd looked better to me when it was stretched to fit. With the 622 I noticed I couldn't stretch or zoom to fit my sd picture on my 57" hdtv without the picture looking pretty bad. Now with the 722 it looks fine zoomed. The hd picture looked much sharper too.

If you guys keep saying stuff like this I'm gonna want to swap out my 622. If they even allow that.

If you guys keep saying stuff like this I'm gonna want to swap out my 622. If they even allow that.

They do allow it. I read Mike's post that the picture quality was better with the 722 so I just went for it. Plus it's black, everything thing else was black in the TV armoire we have except for the 622 so I had an excuse when the wife asked. :)

Just email ceo@echostar.com and they should be able to do it.

I hope you like your 722, I know I do. Add to that a good 500gb external hard drive and you will have a great place for all your hd movies. I use my external hard drive for nothing but movies and my internal for nothing but recording and series tv. I never have to worry about running out of hard drive now and I ALWAYS have something to watch. I can even record favorite movies I have seen before and still have room to record more. Right now I have about 50 movies recorded and most are in hd.

By the way, I still have my older 622s that I use on my bedroom tv and my sons tv. I use a second external hard drive for my adult movies on my bedroom 622 and my wife can record all the decorating and hgtv shows she likes . We also back up all series tv recordings on her 622 and she can watch when she is off and I can watch when I am off on my 722 . We work opposite shifts on different days so it works great.

I moved the 622 to the bedroom and connected a 250 GB drive that I got for free. I have the 722 in the living room with a 500 GB drive. We got plenty of storage in both but we need to get more organized when it comes to recordings. My daughter uses both and she's an expert at recording and settings timers. I pretty much have these DVRs for her since I only record movies and move them to the USB drives.

So dish will allow you to have a 622 & a 722? I am trying to get rid of a SD 311 now & they want a 100 bux to bring a 211. I wonder if i upgrade the 622 to a 722 would the charge also be 100 bux & then would they let me swap my original 622 for the 311 i want to get rid of ,that would rule. Every time i call i get a different answer from the rep's

YOu must open new thread, as the question is OFFTOPIC. :(
So dish will allow you to have a 622 & a 722? I am trying to get rid of a SD 311 now & they want a 100 bux to bring a 211. I wonder if i upgrade the 622 to a 722 would the charge also be 100 bux & then would they let me swap my original 622 for the 311 i want to get rid of ,that would rule. Every time i call i get a different answer from the rep's

I've read the 722 is simply 622 repackaged with larger hard drive and different color casing.

Are there any other technical difference between the 622 and the 722?

Specifically, does the 722 use the BCM7038/7411 Broadcom chipset that the 622/221 uses.

I understand the 222 receiver does NOT use this particular chipset.

I don't know about the 622/722. But you are correct about the 222. It doesn't use Broadcom at all.

I asked that question on the Tech Chat on Monday and yes only the 622's and 722's can talk to each other with Broadcom. So that means that you could share your DVR recordings from one DVR to the other, without using any wires just by having the receivers plugged into the wall outlet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts