Does the ant. need to be angled a certain way??

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I know the dish needs to face a certain way, but when the installer installs the ant. can he just hook it up to the side of my house? Or does he need to face it a certain way? Or do I go out and do it, while someone stays inside to tell me if the picture gets better or worse :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yep.

Yes. The direction of your OTA antenna matters. Most of the installations have the OTA mounted on a pole, exactly like the dish.

Be advised. The ChannelMaster Stealth sucks. When you replace it (I recommend the Radio Shack RS 15-2160) then the aim is not AS critical, but it's important.

Some installers go for pure height in the OTA installation, and some try and catch a "bounce" of the signal with the antenna mounted a little lower on your roof. I think that's a silly concept, but to my installer's credit, it did work okay (once I got rid of the Stealth.)

Maybe I'm crabby...

But I thought I answered both of those questions.

He/she is probably bringing the standard issue ChannelMaster Stealth.

When it doesn't work (and it won't), you can drive to Radio Shack with your installer and get him to buy a better antenna.

The aforementioned RS 15-2160 worked for me, but I was ju-u-u-st out of the signal strength I needed for reliable reception. The RatShak antenna boosted me an average of 10 points on both signal strength and picture quality. That was all I needed.

You may need a badass Terk or Squareshooter, depending on your reception.

Or... what the heck do I know... you may be close enough that the Stealth will work. I'm 12 miles away from my digital antenna, and it did not work for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts