Does the DECA network adapter require it's own power supply (H21/H22 boxes)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wope

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Louisiana
I've searched around but can't seem to find a straight answer. I wanted to make sure everything is easy and accessible for the installer this weekend. I'm adding whole home DVR to an H21 HD box, as well as an H22 HD-DVR box. Will he need an additional power outlet for these boxes?

digiblur said:
Confused with this, isn't the deca the internet connection kit? Mine required power to it.

No the older models of receivers require a receiver deca for the whole home function. They are powered by the receiver themselves.

The Broadband deca is the same thing as the cinema connection kit.
And no decas do not need additional power outlets.
If you get HR/H24s or above they are built in.

They are powered from the Sat 1 port. HR-20-100's can't so there is a work-around to get from the Sat 2 port. HR20.PNGHR20-1.png

The Broadband deca is the same thing as the cinema connection kit.
And no decas do not need additional power outlets.
If you get HR/H24s or above they are built in.

To make things clear, the Broadband DECA a.k.a. the Cinema Connection Kit (or CCK for short) comes with its own power adapter. For the HR/H23's and lower receivers to have MRV working a DECA module is used, which is powered by the receiver that it's attached to.

I`m a bit confused. I have a HR-24 and am not sure if the external DECA adapters are required. I seem to recall an earier thread stating that they WERE required.

Topic can be confusing.

Decas are used for making older rcvrs (23's and below) whole home capatable. They are powered by the rcvr.

Broadband decas aka cinema connection kit (cck) aka Internet connection kit (ick) are different. They are for putting your hd dvr on the Internet for on demand, tv apps, etc. They require a power supply that is included.

Picture in earlier post is a deca (white)

This is a broadband deca (wireless) there is also a wired version

This answer to ops question is answered by wildbill and ballstothewall

Attachments

• image-319954747.jpg
    image-319954747.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts