does the directv dual lnb labeled "LNB18" work with 119 & 110 DN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, the dual LNB is only able to pick up the 101. You'll need either a triple sat LNB, slimline 5, or SWM 5 to see the 119

No, the dual LNB is only able to pick up the 101. You'll need either a triple sat LNB, slimline 5, or SWM 5 to see the 119

This is not technically correct, However, to be more accurate the technical statement is the 18" dish is not capable of receiving all 3 at the same time. Think back to the way old 18x24. THis dish used two dual lnbs and a 4x4 to receiver 101 and 119. So the LNB will work, but you can only aim it at one bird at a time. What I will say is 110 is pretty much dead and not needed, If you can somehow get a receiver activated for SD It will work using two 18" dishes one pointed at 101 and one pointed at 119, then use a 4x4. Altho Im not sure if this is what OP is after or not. So most likely a PhaseIII or AU9 will be needed.

However to edit myself after rereading the post, are you trying to receive E* birds using that lnb? what are you referring to when you say "DN"

My point remains the same a "dual" lnb only aims at one bird at a time, but has dual coax outputs. Hopefully this helps you, if you are trying to use the DTV Dual LNB to aim at E* 110 or E*119, I would think it would work as its all legacy, but Im not sure.

This is not technically correct, However, to be more accurate the technical statement is the 18" dish is not capable of receiving all 3 at the same time. Think back to the way old 18x24. THis dish used two dual lnbs and a 4x4 to receiver 101 and 119. So the LNB will work, but you can only aim it at one bird at a time. What I will say is 110 is pretty much dead and not needed, If you can somehow get a receiver activated for SD It will work using two 18" dishes one pointed at 101 and one pointed at 119, then use a 4x4. Altho Im not sure if this is what OP is after or not. So most likely a PhaseIII or AU9 will be needed.

However to edit myself after rereading the post, are you trying to receive E* birds using that lnb? what are you referring to when you say "DN"

My point remains the same a "dual" lnb only aims at one bird at a time, but has dual coax outputs. Hopefully this helps you, if you are trying to use the DTV Dual LNB to aim at E* 110 or E*119, I would think it would work as its all legacy, but Im not sure.

I think the DN (Dish Network) will work on the Directv system but I always changed out the LNB just because the existing DN LNB was not known to be working. Then it needed to be repointed to hit the Directv 101. I think DN used the 110 location. Likewise it is not only the specification of the LNB but also the alignment of the LNB to a specific shaped dish ( reflector antenna).

I probably just said what you said.

Joe

I've "ghosted" the 110 and 119 God knows how many times on I've retest and service swaps but to make this question have an easy answer, I say no. Get the phase 3 or a slim/SWM 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)