Does the FCC really require Directv to get cellphone numbers from customers calling for service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is it because you're "moved" or something? Otherwise I don't see the point of not bundling so you can save some money, even if it's only just a few dollars.
They stopped offering the discount a while back. Unified accounts have been a nightmare since inception, even the people who work in that department recommend against unifying your accounts these days. If something goes wrong with your service you'll find yourself in a circle of hell that Dante didn't get around to documenting because only one specific group can make certain kinds of changes to unified accounts, and most reps don't know how to engage them.

Just see threads like this recent one on Reddit:

Is it because you're "moved" or something? Otherwise I don't see the point of not bundling so you can save some money, even if it's only just a few dollars.

Actually you save less money bundling. You lose out on the retention offers because you're billing goes through combined billing and they have virtually zero offers. Compared with retentions at both AT&T and Directv you do better calling in individually then combining for a paltry $10.

Reactions: Jimbo
No, not moved ...
Just know that when I set up both accounts they are the way I want them and I don't want to chance anything getting changed.
Bundling the two for me won't save me anything.

I NEVER give out my cell phone # (except for a few restaurants now use your cell # to page you when the table is ready if you are in the bar or wait several feet from the restaurant) to ANYONE, even family (I broke down and gave my cell # to mom and brother). I only give the home number which is Ooma, and that system notifies me AND is set up to attach an email sent to my phone to play back any messages people leave. It has worked great and I have no solicitors calling my cell # EVER! It also gives me control of my cell by NOT having the cell ring or vibrate and forced to look to see if I want to answer it. I can just look at the notification and email a few minutes later when I'm in the mood or not busy with other people.

FWIW, Ooma has finally added a whitelist feature. We will be going whitelist soon becasuse even with Ooma's own batch of known solicitor's numbers and NoRobo as part of Ooma and our personal Ooma blacklist (with a limit of some 245 or so numbers), we still get solicitors several times a week, and spoofing is a great big HOLE in any of the blacklists systems. So, whitelist, it is. Best of luck to all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)