does the Hopper handle record time extension like the ViPs did?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
On both the ViP series and the Hopper, attempts at extending the end of a recording by less than 5 minutes are only honored if there isn't a subsequent recording scheduled for the same same channel. This makes sense, as it minimizes the numbers of tuners required to avoid conflicts. However, if I'm remembering it correctly, the ViP series would consider the extension as a conflict if the subsequent programs weren't on the same channels. But tonight, on my Hopper I had a movie scheduled to record at 9:00, making for all 3 tuners in use at 9:00 with two regularly-scheduled programs. When I went to watch a program recorded from 8:00 to 9:00 with the default 3-minute end extension, I was surprised to find that it cut off at the 1-hour point. There should've been a conflict noted for 9:00 when I scheduled the movie recording. Or am I mis-remembering how the ViP series handled the situation?

On reflection, I think I may indeed be mis-remembering how the ViP series handled it; I think I may have had all my times on the ViP set for 5-minute extensions. However, I can't seem to find out how to delete my post.

On my 722 (and prior 625), setting 2min on both front and back of timers would ALWAYS force a new tuner/conflict without any hard cuts (back-to-back on same channel or not). The default 1min/3min would not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)