Does the picture get even worse on weekends?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
I am about to cancel my Directv. On my 73" TV the SD picture is a joke. Worse than a bad VHS. I have free analog cable with basic channels in my building and believe it or not the picture is much better than D*. Today I couldn't believe how poor is the picture and the HD looked like a good SD but not better than that.

Do you guys think that I can use the terrible picture as a reason to cancel my contract without penalties? I still have more than one year commitment and 2 HD-TIVO receivers. I have no hopes that the picture will be any different in near future since it seems that D* will keep the existing channels on the same bird (and same stupid compression).

[PIE][/PIE]
slimoli said:
I am about to cancel my Directv. On my 73" TV the SD picture is a joke. Worse than a bad VHS. I have free analog cable with basic channels in my building and believe it or not the picture is much better than D*. Today I couldn't believe how poor is the picture and the HD looked like a good SD but not better than that.

Do you guys think that I can use the terrible picture as a reason to cancel my contract without penalties?
I still have more than one year commitment and 2 HD-TIVO receivers. I have no hopes that the picture will be any different in near future since it seems that D* will keep the existing channels on the same bird (and same stupid compression).

no

You can cancel w/o penalties if you ship your receivers back - since you bought those before 3/1/2006 right?

DirecTV's picture quality on my 60" big screen never was that great but, the past 2 weeks it has been horrible.

Same with my 65"; I filed an official complaint with DirecTV last evening though. The CSR was nice enough, but obviously couldnt help much. They have my complaint on file, and I'll continue to report them if the picture quality doesnt show improvement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts