Does this sound right about DNS

cnacht

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 26, 2003
I live in the Cedar Rapids, IA DMA and applied for Chicago DNS and got denied. I called Dish and they said that the Chicago Station was the one that denied my waiver. This sounds possible because I called my local fox station and they said that they always approve waiver requests from where I'm located.
Does this sound right or is this another episode of CSR ignorance?
Thanks,
Chad

The Chicago station should not have received a waiver request for this transaction. Probably didn't either.

BTW: You can check waiver status online and request waivers and distant nets.

JohnH. BTW: You can check waiver status online and request waivers and distant nets.[/QUOTE said:
I actually applied for waiver online. The only reason I called CSR was to see who denied my waiver. The Cedar Rapids Fox people told me that they probably didn't refuse the waiver, but said the FOX station out of Davenport which is south of me might of refused it, although they are out of my DMA. The Dish CSR said that the Chicago Station was the one that refused my request.

Chad

cnacht said:
I live in the Cedar Rapids, IA DMA and applied for Chicago DNS and got denied. I called Dish and they said that the Chicago Station was the one that denied my waiver.

Does this sound right or is this another episode of CSR ignorance?
Thanks,
Chad

CSR Ignorance. Chicago is not usually offered as a choice for DNS.

Chicago stations can only deny waivers within their DMA or grade B coverage area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)