Does your H-20 do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

r.jones1116

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Goose Creek, SC
I just bought a Toshiba DLP projection TV (62 HM95). My H-20 is connected via component cables. When viewing HD content I notice a faint horizontal band rolling vertically from the bottom to the top of the screen. I 've switched cables, component inputs on the TV and no improvement. I have my DVD player and a x-box 360 connected in the other input via component cables through a switch box and they do not display this problem. This leads me to believe it is the H-20. I have a second H-20 connected to a 30 inch CRT HDTV set (component cables) and it also displays the rolling band of interference

Anyone else having this problem?

I have a Toshiba LCD TV (37HL95) and only had one difficulty with the picture. When I had the "auto-adjust" turned on (I think thats the name, its the feature which is supposed to automatically adjust the screen for different dimensions for digital signals) - the SD display would sometimes mess up when I switched from an HD channel (720p or 1080i) back to a 480(i or p) signal. The 480 picture would look "squished." It was so bad on my H20-600 that it would not work at all on a 480 signal and I could not use native mode.

When I traded for my H20-100 it did it only occasionally - but was still bothersome. When playing with the Toshiba TV menu settings, I found this setting, turned it off, and have not had the problem since.

I don't think that what I found is the answer to YOUR particular problem - but you may try looking at some of the other menu settings on your TV.

Now that I've read your post again, I see this is happening on two different TV types. Sounds like an RF problem. I would try buying something like a Monster Power HTS 3500 - a unit which can protect your systems from AC noise. I got one recently online for about $100.00 (after rebate) and -- although I was sceptical -- the thing actually did noticeably improve my picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts