Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Simple little poll....always fun to have these once in a while

So does your receiver have blind scan (a legit blind scan, not one that "claims" it but doesn't)? If you have more than one, as long as one does count it as "yes".

I'd like to see the % of FTA'ers with blind scan vs. non

yep
4 that do (Pansat 1500, Coolsat 5000, Fortec Ultra, Fortec Classic)
4 that dont (Captiveworks, Pansat 2100, Samsung, Viacast 2000)

2 with - Pansat 3500s, Coolsat 5000
3 without - Manhattan (my original mpeg2 receiver, almost as old as Sputnik), Quali-tv QS1080IR, Twinhan 102g

Al

4 that do:

Pansat 3500S - liberated last Friday from a hacker and the stench removed :) .
Pansat 2500A - bought new for a ridiculous price
2 Fortec Lifetime Ultra's - bought off ebay

2 that don't:

Pansat 2100A - ebay
PC DVB card - skystar2

Blind Scan was an absolute necessity. Not getting blind scan would be like buying a radio that was pre-programmed with certain radio stations. I like to be able to search the dial myself :)

The Microyal doesn't have it but I have become intimately familiar with lyngsat and the WUT forum so it's a plus for my overall knowledge, can't get too lazy!

No for the simple reason it cuts out all the fun of finding a feed or feeds for me. I wonder what I'm missing though.

The receivers I have are a Zinwell 9111 I bought through the classy's on DBSForums a few years ago that is used for IA 8 and G10. It's old and basic. Sound quality is real bad.
DMT 1000 a fellow member here sold me in 2002 for $25 which is the receiver that looks for most of the feeds now.
The Quali-TV receiver for those 4:2:2 and HD feeds.

I could see me getting a blind scan in the next few years. People seem surprised though when I tell them I don't have one. I don't understand why.

Have 4 receivers and only one has true, hardware blindscan. (that I actually believe works).
1. Pansat 2700a - true hardware blindscan , works good, but, slow.
2. Viewsat Xtreme- in spite of their claim of a real blindscan, it doesn't find near the stuff the Pansat can..........So, it don't have it either.
3. Relook 400s. Doesn't claim to have blindscan, but, does find some feeds on it's own. ....................no real blindscan.
4. Spacestar 500................workbench leveler. Pitful interface and no hardware blindscan. Found it at a garage sale cheap..............good thing!!
5. Twinhan 1020a..........No Blindscan. but, with the right software, you can enter any known freq. into it and it will lock on. (having fun with it getting HD working)
That's it. I still want a Fortec Mercury II since I have read some good reports on it. Or the Traxis reciever that I've read about here.
I think blindscan is a must- have for hunting for feeds......especially those HD feeds that appear on the weekends!!
grusome

I bought into all this when I knew absolutely nothing. I purchased a Viewsat Plat 2000.

I have made the thing work by learning to create the "Satellite file" every TP on every satillite has been added. Well, at least it is getting closer to every TP. That allows the VS to scan as if it were a blind scan but it has been labour intensive. Then of course I have to save the position of each sat because the motor support is terrible.

I thought I was buying the top of the line.

All of my recievers have true blind scan. It is one of the features I feel I MUST have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts