Does your receiver have motor capabilites?

Does your receiver have motor capabilites?

• yes

Votes: 57 95.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I use a C-band receiver/4DTV to move my dish

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Another fun question

Does your receiver have motor capabilites (either Diseqc 1.2 or USALS)?

yes
no
I use a C-Band receiver/4DTV to move the dish

Yes, all my DVB receivers can do USALS/1.2. I also have the BUD (@ 2) with capable analog (4dtv) receivers to move them. I also have gotten a VBOX II, but haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.

Al

Been waiting for cooler weather, now I've run out of excuses? Geeez.... I feel sorry!

Yes for both my dvb receivers, I have one slaved to my 4dtv c/ku, and I have one setup on a Patriot 1.1 meter Ku only with stab hh-120.

Nope, but maybe in the future as well. 11 stationary dishes in the backyard including DirecTV dish and Dish Network. Soon to happen plans have me adding a dish for AMC 3 and not share it with IA 8.

Iceberg

Most of the receivers we sold in the last 2 years have DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS. :)

understandable but there may be some members who have older boxes that don't or they use their C-Band/4DTV to move the dish

(or they have a Viewsat that doesn't play well with a motor) :D

All of mine claim to work with a motor. The most reliable of the 4 stb's and pci sat card is the Pansat 2700a. It just works 99% of the time. Once in a while, it gets upset and doesn't move the dish, but, in that case I just motor over to the sat manually and re-store the location. None of the others do that well. And the Viewsat..........................stay away from the INSTALLER setting for the Motor. That's the one that once you start moving the dish to find the next sat, (during setup) will keep on moving the dish until you hit the button again to stop it.
And the Quality & Level meter displays, don't react very quickly compared to the Pansat. Makes it hard to use it to find sats. ONE thing it does do, the Viewsat will ID a sat when you are on one and an active transponder. None of the others I have will do that.
grusome

understandable but there may be some members who have older boxes that don't or they use their C-Band/4DTV to move the dish

(or they have a Viewsat that doesn't play well with a motor) :D

You can't say motor and viewsat in the same sentence! :D

I have two Pansat 3500's. One controls the 10' BUD including the polorotor using a Vbox II with Diseqc commands, and the second controls the new SG2100 I just set up on a P*star dish with either USALS or Diseqc commands.

I also have an analog HTS VIII+ that can control a big dish actuator.

I'm currently running a Pansat 2500 that moves my sg2100 via USALS and my Cband mesh dish's actuator via VBOX II with Diseqc 1.2

I also have a Buzz receiver (thanks Iceburg) that moves these items as well...although I have it controlling my fixed dish lnb's right now.

Strange. I'm the only one that voted I move mine with a C band receiver, yet there is another poll where what seems like an inordinate amount of people say they have a C/Ku rig.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts