does your wife support your dish hobby?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
my wife always talks about the four dishes i have up and thinks i am the only man to have a dish hobby. she has eased up lately since i am supportive of her mary kay and since i scanned ion net fta on amc 1. she loves the sitcoms on there and a few analog feeds like oprah,springer,ect. i let her know that you can only get these on the big dish. when we go around family she will make a crack about the dishes and her mom will ask if i got another dish. anyways she is getting better and more supportive and i was wondering how your spouses think of your fta or dish hobby.

Well let's see now!

I have 3 - motorized C-Band dishes up, and a motorized Primestar 84e Ku. 5 - Stationary Ku dishes, 3 of which have dual LNB's.

My wife does make jokes about them with company and family, but she has learned to appreciate them and what they have done for improving my health and for getting me up off my chair and moving again. :D

Now she even appreciates the programming we get, and has learned how to work the receivers and find what she wants to watch. :cool:

I think my wife is very supportive!!

Fred

She took off years ago when I got a P.C.! :D :D :D :up

Since regaining my "freedom", I have purchased a pool table, a couple of chain saws, a wood splitter, and now have 4 satellite dishes.

So I alternate between hanging out at bars playing pool, cutting/splitting wood (for the wood stove I put in), and playing with my satellite stuff (not to mention the P.C). In my spare time I invite friends over to play pool, poker, or darts.

Yea it's rough living without her, but I'll manage...

MIne does 100% She actually wants to dump Dish Network and go strictly FTA. And now I told her about C-Band and what we could get and she is all for that! I just have to find a place to hide the C-Band as my HOA forbids them :(

Mine's sick of me asking for her to watch the signal levels on the tv while I am up on the roof. I need a portable tv or some other system I can use independently.

mine is tired of the signal too.i actually think she would rather me spend 700 bucks on a top notch satellite meter just so she doesnt have to watch the signal quality.

no wife = no problems

That's the way it will be, i care about my freedom and my own life.

my wife always talks about the four dishes i have up and thinks i am the only man to have a dish hobby. she has eased up lately since i am supportive of her mary kay and since i scanned ion net fta on amc 1. she loves the sitcoms on there and a few analog feeds like oprah,springer,ect. i let her know that you can only get these on the big dish. when we go around family she will make a crack about the dishes and her mom will ask if i got another dish. anyways she is getting better and more supportive and i was wondering how your spouses think of your fta or dish hobby.
I came home from work one day(installing dish) and she was gone it wouldnt have been so bad but she took my son

damn, you were doing it as your job and she left. sorry to hear that. i would hope my wife would let me know if it was that bad before she would leave. sorry sir.

:) Mine supports it.
And in your case... as they say in soviet Russia... your dish hobby supports your wife. ;)

My girlfriend now lives with me and she is supportive. :) She's been with me twice to your store (both times you were out... once was when you were in my neck of the woods at Hamvention). I have two dishes with a third one going up this summer, one outdoor antenna with another possibly going up on a tower soon. :) And a home theater setup that might as well require a login and FCC license in order to watch TV. :D

My wife actually encourages it. While at the Hamvention, she told me to buy something that I wanted. So I went to the Sadoun tent and bought a USB receiver :) My wife also found a C-Band system that a friend of hers wants to get rid of. I have offered to take that "eyesore" out of her friend's yard at no charge. I think that my wife's strategy is to keep me busy with my own receivers tinkering and looking for wild feeds etc and that way she can have our subscribed PVR all to herself.

...we are going to have a Sadoun Satvention Parking Lot sale on 8/11/07. Make sure you come. We will make an annoucement shortly.
Thanks for the heads-up, I should be able to make it there. :)

P.S. After my post earlier I realized it could be mistaken as a negative crack of some sort, I suppose, to anyone not familiar with Yakov Smirnoff reversal type jokes (Yakov Smirnoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) but no offense was intended. :)

My girlfriend actually apreciates my hobby now after seeing my pic quality on C-band and her crappy cable that costs her an arm and leg. Not to mention the channels I get that her cable company probably does not know exists. She remarked when we went on a trip and the hotel just had basic analog cable, the tv sucked-LOL.

Most people do kid me all the time about my dishes. That big "dinosaur" out back (Its only 3 years old!!!) I bought my SAMI 7.5' brand new from Eyeinthesky.net.

She hates the signal meter on the screen too-LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts