DogTV

I didnt think dogs could see tv

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
That was true in the old days of NTSC TV. Dogs have a faster vision frame rate than humans. The old interlaced SD picture just looked like flashing lights to a dog. With the advent of HD and 1080p, the frame rate is fast enough for dogs to see moving pictures just like humans.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As said above, this Dog TV has been on DirecTV for years. I've watched a few minutes of it during free previews.

If this your your thing, and you want programming for your four legged friends to watch without pay $5 for the privilege, I think one of the Discovery channels has a marathon of Too Cute, can always DVR the puppy episodes and play them on a loop. :)

That was true in the old days of NTSC TV. Dogs have a faster vision frame rate than humans. The old interlaced SD picture just looked like flashing lights to a dog. With the advent of HD and 1080p, the frame rate is fast enough for dogs to see moving pictures just like humans.
But dogtv is SD

My dog, a German Shepherd mix, has no interest in watching TV. When watching a nature show or dog show on National Geographic, I have tried to get him to watch but he just sleeps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I didnt think dogs could see tv

I've actually seen them watch TV. (I've seen my two cats watch the TV too.) I don't know why they bother having DogTV in color though, due to the fact that dogs can't see colors (unless they also consider the actual people watching the channel as well).

Reactions: TheKrell
dogs can't see colors

According to this Dog Vision dogs can see some colors.

Human vision
hcolorline.png

Dog vision
dcolorline.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)