Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I think I've figured out how to "completely" scan a satellite with my Coolsat slaved to a 4dtv (922). Can you examine my steps?

For the sake of discussion I'll say I'm scanning Satellite T5, but it doesn't matter:

1- goto a T5 cband Vert TP channel, and blindscan for Vert FTA.
2- goto a T5 cband Horiz TP Channel, and blindscan for Horiz FTA.
3- Goto L5 (to wake up my KU polarity stuff) on a Vert TP channel
and blindscan for Vert
4- Goto a L5 Horiz TP Channel and blindscan for Horiz FTA.

*whew!!*

That's a TON of scans. does it really take that many passes to get this done?

Your method is correct ....... imagine how much fun it will be to now watch those new channels!!!!

Where was that channel again? CH, CV, KH, KV??????

I have a slaved blind scan receiver . My main receiver is not blind scan. What I do is use my first receiver to move the motor to the satellite of my interest. Then I turn it off. At that point the second receiver is not a slave anymore and I can blind scan H and V all in one scan. This way it makes it easy to check for new feeds. I use my second receiver only for this purpose.

Jerry, I don't have to go to L5 from T5, the dish is already positioned, so the Coolsat should be able to get the ku signal even with the 4dtv on the C-band side. At least that's the way it is with mine.

Al

Jerry, I don't have to go to L5 from T5, the dish is already positioned, so the Coolsat should be able to get the ku signal even with the 4dtv on the C-band side. At least that's the way it is with mine.

Al

Ok, so you can goto any Vert channel, then scan C&KU vert, (separate scans of course)
then you goto any Horiz channel and scan C/Ku Horizontal?

And 1 more question for the experts: If I'm on a horizontal TP, and I do a Vertical-only scan (and GET channels) does that mean something's broken?

No, it means you scanned horizontal TP's, but your Coolsat thinks they are vertical. If you did a horizontal only scan with the Coolsat, it would get the same channels on that horizontal TP. Since the Coolsat doesn't control the polarity, it's getting a signal, and it assumes it's vertical, it has no way of knowing the difference.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts