DoktorOfSat SETUP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

doktorofsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
QTH: 47°55?43?N 23°53?33?E
After many years in Ku band(of course analog too) , this year I decided to "play" with C band too.
At the begining of summer I got a very good quality Al 150 cm PFA dish with f/d ratio of 0,42 .My dish has a good homemade polarmount and a 18" HARL actuator(as in photo).I can receive satellites between 93,5East -22West with this system!I also like to make depolarizer plates for (L,R) in C band of course.During outdoor testing I use an HOHER portable DVD player with A/V in and a Kaon 570 receiver .In the photo you can see Ariana afgan television from 93,5East, outdoor picture!An MTI 15 kelvin C-band LNB is my favourite now,after certain tests .

For blindscan I use Vantage X201:cool:

I upload some picture with the dish pointed on several satellites.My favourite C band sats are: 90E, 83E, 64E, 49E, 5W, 22W.

Now I work on a pretty cool 1,8m PFA dish.Soon I'll upload some photos

I noticed that some C band freaks are interested in my dielectric plate :D

I upload a schematic of it.I recommend to use aluminium foil from chocolate .This proved to perform very well among other Al foils...

Use only transparent plastic , the 1 mm thick one is the best in my tests.Everything between 0,5-1MM is good
smile.gif

The width of the alu stripes must be 3,5-4mm .Please respect the dimensions
cool.gif

The distance betwwen stripes is 5-6mm The big stripes(3 on the center) 10mm width are very important for the reception.

You can modify a little bit the dimensions and notice signal increases on certain channels
smile.gif
...Go further and put perpendiculary 1mm thick cooper wire spiral (4-5 little spirals) an the each side and you'll notice real frequency cuts and strong amplification one other freq.A lot of play with

Best Regards
Doktor Of Sat

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 27-08-09_1948.jpg
    27-08-09_1948.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 40E.JPG
    40E.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 90E.JPG
    90E.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 93%2C5EST.jpg
    93%2C5EST.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 296
  • plate%20c%20band.JPG
    plate%20c%20band.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 338
  • POLARMOUNT.jpg
    POLARMOUNT.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 5W.JPG
    5W.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 260
Welcome to the satellite forum.
Congratulations on getting good C-band reception on a 1.5 meter dish.
Here in North America, 1.8 meters is good for much of the reception, but some fellows use 1.2m and smaller dishes for fun experiments.
Generally, our hard-to-get S2 signals require 2.4 to 3 meter dishes.

This is a nice old thread, anybody try it? what was the result?
i attempted it out of an old credit card, but it didnt work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts