Dolan Trying To Keep VOOM Alive

i don't know if they say VOOM is alive but we need new installs. new dish re-aim and "MAYBE" it will stay in business after this all plays out they will lose alot of subs.but if they continue and lease back 61.5 while getting their act together they have some cash flow!

"Cablevision to sell Voom assets to Dolans
Thu Feb 10, 2005 06:04 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC.N: Quote, Profile, Research) on Thursday said it will sell certain assets and liabilities of its Voom high-definition satellite television business to a new company formed by Cablevision Chairman Charles Dolan.
Cablevision said the new Voom HD LLC was in the process of securing financing.

Old post considering the new news, but it still has validity ...
I'm keeping the pre-announcement mindset for this reply:
Sean Mota said:
If their current promotion does not end until 3/05, can you wait until this one is done and wait for the next one. I mean what you are asking is for them to put another promotion now even though their $1 promotion has not even finished.
I don't expect them to start a new deal. I would see them developing a new deal (not just extending something they had worked up) as a sign of life.

Development contracts:
Sean Mota said:
There are clauses in every contract that you can use to get you out of the deal.
Until the word is given to cancel the developers should stick to their contracts. The same goes for in house employees. Keep coming to work until told otherwise. Or perhaps in your world you would stop going to work if your company sold a major asset?
Sean Mota said:
As far as today, they are providing the same HD level as before. Nothing has changed.
The only thing that had changed was their ability to provide the service in the future. No comment is not good comment. It is good that the silence was FINALLY broken today.

JL

Sean Mota said:
Well does it matter now? :)
On the grand scale of things? No. But I do hope you and others understand where "auto-pilot" works in a business that doesn't communicate with its employees.

Now Voom employees, installers and sales people have a reason to go to work tomorrow. They KNOW there is a good chance that Voom will remain in to the future. That's good.

JL

justalurker said:
On the grand scale of things? No. But I do hope you and others understand where "auto-pilot" works in a business that doesn't communicate with its employees.

Now Voom employees, installers and sales people have a reason to go to work tomorrow. They KNOW there is a good chance that Voom will remain in to the future. That's good.

JL

You have to be kidding right? Please don't make me laugh..

Ladies and Gentlemen....the fat lady has left the building without singing a note. Apparently, Chuck and Tom Dolan stuffed her.

Fat Lady

Hooray the Fat Lady is gone Thanks Mr. Dolan now try to get the funds you need to make Voom operating for years to come.

Still Vooming in Deep South Texas. :D

Satbiznews.com comes through once again!

Once again, the fine people at Satbiznews.com have provided us with their latest copy of Faxupdate, dated 11 Feb 2005, for our edification. "Dolans Zap VOOM From Cardiac Arrest." This article will be posted until 28 Feb 2005.

Satbiznews.com Faxupdate 11 Feb 2005 said:
there is unanimous skepticism about the long-term prospects for a medium power DBS service.

(on E* buying R1) That transation is expected to close within the next 90 days.

It did not appear any cash is involved in the purchase ...
BTW: The "certain severance costs" in this and other reports are severing RainbowDBS etc from Cablevision, not employee severances. Got to pay the lawyers for doing the paperwork.

Thanks for the update.

JL

In retrospect, several VOOM Forum members have commented that the entire Cablevision/VOOM/Dolan/Board of Directors rift may be be nothing more than a cleverly devised business tactic used to placate investors by driving up stock prices, dispose of Rainbow assets on the cheap (made palatable by selling Rainbow-1 and uplink facility to E*), all the while negotiating carriage agreements and having a solid business plan for spinning-off VOOM under more favorable terms; it's sort of a real life HD SIDESHOW. Name one group besides the VOOM Trollomites---stockholders, Cablevision, VOOM LLC, and VOOM Subscribers included---who are not happy at this time?

Anyway, the only people who appear to know what they are doing, with any certainty, are those people at Cablevision/VOOM...and they aren't saying very much. Clearly the Wall-Street pundits, DBS prophecies and Media experts have collectively scored woefully low in their ability to predict VOOM's pending demise...it went right over their collective heads.

Make no doubt about it, Dolan Sr. is going to leave Cablevision with their full financial backing and support (to include $$$ and programming assets). Long live VOOM HD LLC! :)

riffjim4069 said:
In retrospect, several VOOM Forum members have commented that the entire Cablevision / VOOM / Dolan / Board of Directors rift may be be nothing more than a cleverly devised business tactic used to placate investors by driving up stock prices,
Manipulating a stock price isn't a good thing. Fortunately, the comments of VOOM Forum members are not already true to life.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)