Dome dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They are out there, most domes only support SD. Solid Signal is probably the best place I can think of to refer you to, their product mix is extensive and their site is detailed.

Reactions: John2021
Essentially any dome should work with the H24 since it is non-SWM capable. Although, being these domes (or most of them as alluded to in post #2) are SD and DIRECTV is shutting down those SD-only feeds on 101, you
May not be able to receive all of your channels anymore with the dome. This all depends on what DIRECTV decides to do once they remove all SD channels from 101 and start bringing in popular HD channels.

Essentially any dome should work with the H24 since it is non-SWM capable. Although, being these domes (or most of them as alluded to in post #2) are SD and DIRECTV is shutting down those SD-only feeds on 101, you
May not be able to receive all of your channels anymore with the dome. This all depends on what DIRECTV decides to do once they remove all SD channels from 101 and start bringing in popular HD channels.
So, that means they will be able to get the HD channels on the 101 once they move them (timeline unknown, just like everything else with D*)

I must mis remember, its been awhile since I've heard the H24 mentioned ... I thought that one WAS requiring the PI

The H24 is compatible on both SWM and non-SWM configurations. With a SWM system, the H24 does indeed need a power inserter. However, since domes are non-SWM dishes with a regular generic circular KU band LNB for the one satellite 101, the H24 just provides the 13V and 18V on the coaxial cable. Thus, no power inserter is needed.

you would just need to go to Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Satellite, Repeat Satellite Setup, and press the (-) DASH button to confirm. Once done, ensure the H24 is set for either Multiswitch (non-SWM) or SWM

So, that means they will be able to get the HD channels on the 101 once they move them (timeline unknown, just like everything else with D*)

I must mis remember, its been awhile since I've heard the H24 mentioned ... I thought that one WAS requiring the PI
The 23 and 25 series boxes are swm required as well as the Genies.

H23/HR23 did NOT require SWM. The only receivers that require SWM are H25, HR34, HR44, HR54 and HS17. Also the H26 thought that's commercial only so irrelevant for consumers.
Whoopsie! I was thinking about them not needing b-band convertors!

we went with the trvlr....
though i thought if you have an HS-17 it's a client only setup unless they changed it becvause it made no saense for rver's:coco