Dome King mobile satellite antenna.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
I had a chance to visit King Controls yesterday here in the Twin Cities.....

They are a leading manufacturer of mobile satellite antenna systems for the land and marine market. Their "King-Dome" Systems let you enjoy the same digital pictures in mobile applications that you enjoy in your own home! Their products are easy to use and are compatible with all satellite receivers and all major satellite television providers.

Of particular interest to me was the "Trac King in motion system", it uses integrated DVB technology and gyros to provide positive satellite identification and lock on the correct satellite automatically (Parked or driving), with just a single coaxial cable connected from the dome to the indoor unit for simple installation. The Trac-King has unlimited rotation, so you would never experience a loss of picture due to cable unwrap, it has very fast azimuth tracking speeds exceeding 90° per second and elevation tracking of 40° per second, the Trac-King tracks twice as fast as any competing system! Just push a button and the dish will automatically find and track the satellite of your choice. Right now they work with DirecTV, Dishnetwork and Bell Express Vu, with future locations to be added . They also have a marine product, the "Sea-king" uses a gyros to stabilize the antenna in rough seas, and they even have a salt water model.

They had several units running through their calibration tests when I was there and it really was something to see all the dish moving at the same time running through their paces. A motor shifts the dish elevation up or down (Highest elevation = 61-65 deg. Lowest elevation = 11-15 deg.) and another turns the dish 360 deg. They offer low profile models. The standard units are 15" tall with the low profile units being an amazing 13" tall.

The "Automatic" Unit 9702 will seek and find your satellite with the flick of a switch from the comfort of your RV or truck, and switching between satellites is swift using the hand held or wall mounted controller.

My favorite model must be the 9630 "Semi-Automatic", you are in complete control of this unit, you simply raise the dish using the keypad to the elevation setting for your location then the dish will rotate and you stop it as soon as you see signal, you can then peak the signal with pin point accuracy using the digital display that shows elevation and azimuth, ensuring the best signal possible.

I really enjoyed my visit and THANKS to King Controls for the tour.

Visit the King Dome Booth (145) at the Satellite Expo 2005

http://www.satelliteexpo2005.com/homepage.htm

www.kingcontrols.com

Attachments

• E860.jpg
    E860.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 569
  • dome all fr.jpg
    dome all fr.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 656
  • Pict0016.JPG
    Pict0016.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 381
  • Pict0015.JPG
    Pict0015.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 871
  • Pict0012.JPG
    Pict0012.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 476

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)