Don't bash me too hard for this ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportsfan42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
This may be a dumb question but how do you get the locals on hd in the 80's range of channels ???? I can get my locals I was just wondering what those were for ?

Last edited:
sportsfan42 said:
This may be a dumb question but how do you get the locals on hd in the 80's range of channels ???? I can get my locals I was just wondering what those were for ?

Your local network channel must be owned by the national network (O&O). Then you qualify for the national feed as well.

What is your location? You need to check and see if your local stations are O&O (Owned and Operated).

Thanks, I've found a lot of info after doing some searches.

It looks like FOX WTTG and NBC WRC are owned and operated.
CBS WUSA and ABC WJLA are affiliates.

Would that mean that I should get the FOX and NBC national feeds or not since all 4 aren't owned and operated ?????

Last edited:
sportsfan42 said:
Thanks, I've found a lot of info after doing some searches.

It looks like FOX WTTG and NBC WRC are owned and operated.
CBS WUSA and ABC WJLA are affiliates.

Would that mean that I should get the FOX and NBC national feeds or not since all 4 aren't owned and operated ?????

It depends on where in the DC area you are. Throughout the area, you're probably eligible for Fox.

While it is true that WRC is owned and operated by NBC, the Baltimore affiliate is not. Since that affiliate claims the area from Baltimore all the way to Alexandria as its Grade-B territory, they have the right to block your waiver request -- and they will, trust me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)