Don't know what to do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unfortunately none of us are there to provide an opinion on what will work and even if we were only your local HSP or a retailer could install anything. If the installers that have come out have said no, that's your answer.

Unless you know of another location 22,300 miles above sea level where the centripetal force and gravitational acceleration cause an object with a 10,000 pound mass to remain in stationary orbit and show DirecTV has a satellite there, you have no case for lawsuit.

People and OP - it is NOT illegal in Florida to put in a pole mount. Period end of story. I don't care what the OP thinks he is being told or indeed is being told. BS BS. Do you have any idea how many are just in my area alone? How many I see in new construction? Pleaeeeese.

Here is a standard from the MOST restrictive county in Florida in regards to hurricane regulations, Dade County.

http://miamidade.fl.eregulations.us/rule/coor/coor_ptiii_ch33_artiv_sec33-63.1
"(e) As an accessory use to any single-family residence, duplex or townhouse, one (1) ground-mounted SDA is permitted per dwelling unit subject to all the following conditions:"
In fact it is the preferred way. "f) As an accessory use to any single-family residence, duplex or townhouse, one (1) roof-mounted or wall-mounted SDA is permitted per dwelling unit in lieu of a ground mounted SDA, subject to all the following conditions:"

I was told by DirecTV(regular reps, their managers, and even corporate office)on the phone and multiple installers in person including senior installers that it varies by state about tripods and mounts and in Florida it's illegal because of weather concerns like hurricanes. I was also told that in states where it's illegal they are not even allowed have tripod or mounts in their inventory and they are not even allowed to set it up if you buy a tripod or mount somewhere else and provided it for the installer yourself.
I can tell you with ZERO degrees of uncertainty that pole mounts are NOT illegal in the State of Florida.
In fact, I used to know several installers in FL and pole mounts are absolutely necessary in many locations.
The percentage of homes with cement tile and terrazzo tile roofs is high.
Imagine if pole mounts in Florida were illegal? Come on.
Somebody is BS-ing the troops here.

Reactions: Tampa8
It sounds to me like the property manager is getting a kickback from someone and doesn't want to lose it.
Oh yeah...This is not a rare circumstance.
I am in the water and fire restoration business. I went to a water loss in a 4 unit townhome building. Normally we deal with the homeowner. This time I was confronted by the property manager. After a breif chat with him I knew he was a crook.
He wanted an 18% discount off the third party pricing program we use for our rates. I asked him directly "who gets the 18%?" He told me "I do"....He said "I am not going to let you guys have a half million dollar restoration job and not get something in return.
I looked at him for a moment and told him straight to his face that he was committing insurance fraud. He turned pale and hurried away.

Reactions: Tampa8
People and OP - it is NOT illegal in Florida to put in a pole mount. Period end of story. I don't care what the OP thinks he is being told or indeed is being told. BS BS. Do you have any idea how many are just in my area alone? How many I see in new construction? Pleaeeeese.

Here is a standard from the MOST restrictive county in Florida in regards to hurricane regulations, Dade County.

http://miamidade.fl.eregulations.us/rule/coor/coor_ptiii_ch33_artiv_sec33-63.1
"(e) As an accessory use to any single-family residence, duplex or townhouse, one (1) ground-mounted SDA is permitted per dwelling unit subject to all the following conditions:"
In fact it is the preferred way. "f) As an accessory use to any single-family residence, duplex or townhouse, one (1) roof-mounted or wall-mounted SDA is permitted per dwelling unit in lieu of a ground mounted SDA, subject to all the following conditions:"
To be honest I could figure out it's not illegal in Florida. I see it on houses all the time on the sides of the houses, and infact even my family members 30 minutes away for me in the same county have DirecTV set up like that on a mount on the side of the house. This just what I'm being told by everybody The way I previously explained it and including corporate DirecTV and I swear by it! I keep hearing this over and over again and it's starting to piss me off so I don't know what to do!

To be honest I could figure out it's not illegal in Florida. I see it on houses all the time on the sides of the houses, and infact even my family members 30 minutes away for me in the same county have DirecTV set up like that on mount. This just what I'm being told by everybody The way I previously explained it and including corporate DirecTV and I swear by it! I keep hearing this over and over again and it's starting to piss me off so I don't know what to do!
Unfortunately none of us are there to provide an opinion on what will work and even if we were only your local HSP or a retailer could install anything. If the installers that have come out have said no, that's your answer.

Unless you know of another location 22,300 miles above sea level where the centripetal force and gravitational acceleration cause an object with a 10,000 pound mass to remain in stationary orbit and show DirecTV has a satellite there, you have no case for lawsuit.
What I would probably do is end up suing my building for basically being a monopoly in a
sense that it only lets us have one service provider and that's it. Plus the current contract they had was up and I was willing to pay the full cost out of my own pocket to get a set up where you can choose between DirecTV via multi dwelling unit or Comcast like my old building had built in from day one. In my opinion I think it's unfair that they would not give us an option to choose, and I would be willing to take this to a court of law just to get this straightened out!

What I would probably do is end up suing my building for basically being a monopoly in a
sense that it only lets us have one service provider and that's it. Plus the current contract they had was up and I was willing to pay the full cost out of my own pocket to get a set up where you can choose between DirecTV via multi dwelling unit or Comcast like my old building had built in from day one. In my opinion I think it's unfair that they would not give us an option to choose, and I would be willing to take this to a court of law just to get this straightened out!
A better and cheaper option would be to Move.

I take it you didn't investigate this situation before moving in ....

Did you sign a contract ?
If yes, it should have been in that contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)