Don't let this guy install your Dish...

dispatcher_21 said:
Just a note, Constables are police. Police, Deputy, State Patrol, State Police, heck even fish and wildlife, it all depends on what level of "power" the state grants them. Here in Washington state, Fish and Wildlife were granted "General Law Enforcement" status so they can pull people over, ticket and arrest for anything not just game violations. The name doesnt really mean anything, its what the state has granted the name.

I've never heard that, actually. I just know here in Texas that they are elected officials and don't usually conduct normal police duties.

Here in Colorado, the Sheriff, when in his own county, is the highest law enforcement officer in the state.

On the other hand, in New Jersey, the Sheriff's Dept. is basically a process server and prisoner transport agency.

This incident occurred in Florida. The Installer was arrested for not grounding the dish properly. Let this be a warning to other installers out there!

Chad... yes, a new avatar!
Here in Houston, we have Constables that have just as much power as reglular police. In fact, in my area, they do even more than police, including sitting on the street catching speeders. I should know... my last ticket was from a constable! :p

Here in Texas, Constables have PLENTY of authority. Down in the Houston area, Constables patrol a lot of the unincorporated areas of Harris County.

StevenD said:
Here in Texas, Constables have PLENTY of authority. Down in the Houston area, Constables patrol a lot of the unincorporated areas of Harris County.
Where my old man lives, a don't blink your eye less than 2600 people type of town, The local law enforcement are Marshall's. 3 of them in total I believe. :D

StevenD said:

Fine, then. It must be Smith County constables that don't do much. The only time I ever see them is on TV when there is some big arrest.

SimpleSimon said:
Here in Colorado, the Sheriff, when in his own county, is the highest law enforcement officer in the state.

On the other hand, in New Jersey, the Sheriff's Dept. is basically a process server and prisoner transport agency.

Higher than the Governor or States AG?

Bizzach said:
Chad... yes, a new avatar!
Here in Houston, we have Constables that have just as much power as reglular police. In fact, in my area, they do even more than police, including sitting on the street catching speeders. I should know... my last ticket was from a constable! :p

This picture was taken in Houston a few years ago. At that time, this is what a source in the know stated:

Here is the scoop. Regular traffic stop. Had old legal issue and was released within 3 hours. Vehicle was picked up by DNSC employee.

I still get a chuckle every time I see the picture, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)