doom for voom(ny post) monday we will know

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
r.jones1116 said:
rang1995 said:
"Subscribers may have another reason to cancel later this year when Voom will replace installed dishes with ones that are nearly twice as wide."

Is that really a big deal.

I can't wait to get the bigger dish!!! My way of saying "Take that, you Communist bastards!!!". Referring, of course, to my home owners association. :) Oh yeah, bring it on!!!

-John

They don't have to post a profit, or even break even, to stay in business. As long as they have investors that can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and keep pumping money in, Voom will be around. The important thing to show tomorrow will be that they had a big jump in the subscriber base from last quarter. It will be interesting to listen to the conference call tomorrow...and you can listen to it live here:
http://biz.yahoo.com/cc/9/44349.html

The main problem CVC faces is that investors on Wall Street do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. They instead see huge losses racking up and VOOM turning into an investment black hole.

VOOM needs to post over 100k subs at the end of the quarter to look good.

For Dish (for those that asked from their quarterly reports http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-e...01001082&type=&dateb=&owner=include&start=480):

March 4, 1996 Launch service
August 1, 1996 passes 100k
Sept 30, 1996 190k
Nov 11, 1996 250k
March 31, 1997 ~480k
October 1997 1.7 million

Voom needs to crank up the subs and cut down the churn, which is why I don't understand the $200 install fee. Why not continue the $0 down and get a 6mon-1yr commit?

Why replace dishes before prices go up?

Why is Voom going to replace the dishes before the promo prices end in December? Judging from the poll, over 1/3 of the respondents say that they are going to dump Voom when the prices go up in Jan.

The bigger dish will add more bandwidth; but there isn't enough content to support the channels they have now.

The only thing that willl save their ass is if they can come up with a DVR (which works) by that time IMHO.

Voom needs better marketing man... they have absolutely -0- Commercials... if Dolan owns WE and AMC they should start there and run some ads for Voom. I know it would take off if everyone just gave HDTV a shot.

Why is that we heard they were up to 35,000 subs? ALthough the report says that as of June 30 they only have 25,000 ACTIVE subs, does that mean thay had 10,000 pending orders at that point?

I agree with a previous poster the $200 activiation fee is going to shoot themselves in the foot they are better off asking for 6 months-1year commitments, and funding their operations in other more creative ways.

Dvlos said:
Voom needs better marketing man... they have absolutely -0- Commercials... if Dolan owns WE and AMC they should start there and run some ads for Voom. I know it would take off if everyone just gave HDTV a shot.

I see commercials (real late night though 12:30 AM) for Voom every night on my local cable. They even have the new pricing inserted into the old commercials.

Really? I guess I never see Voom commercials on non-Voom channels, nice bonus if Cablevision and Voom would appear across ESPN-HD sporting events.

Rainbow DBS - VOOM

As of June 30, 2004, Rainbow DBS had approximately 25,000 activated VOOM customers. For the second quarter of 2004, Rainbow DBS reported net revenues of $2.7 million, consisting primarily of subscription revenue, as well as sales and rental income associated with satellite receivers and related equipment. No revenues were recorded for the same period in 2003, as the service had not yet launched. The operating loss for the second quarter totaled $81.5 million compared to an operating loss of $3.6 million in the year-earlier period. The AOCF deficit for the second quarter 2004 was $71.8 million compared to $3.5 million in the year-earlier period. The operating loss and AOCF deficit were primarily attributable to subscriber acquisition costs, content development costs for the VOOM high definition channels, and general and administrative expenses.

25,000 subs isnt really what I expected.....maybe they had more in JUly...but I thought they had to be way above this.

rang1995 said:
25,000 subs is a big red light,,they have to do something soon
#1 Give Cuban whatever he wants to get HDnet. Its getting ridiculous not having it.

#2 Combine some of the exclusives and give us a better picture than anyone else. Can you say a truthful selling point instead of a lie? That would be a good place to start. Im sure the investors are gonna tire feeding these exclusive baby channels money while they grow. Combine them to 10-12 channels with content.

#3 institute 6 month contracts and zero install costs.

Well if I was the "Quarterback" of this team, I would think hard about the following:

1) 0 down, 0 Install with a 1 yr commitment. Forced loyalty...ya just can't beat it!

2) Rent the STB for 36 months...you own it! Like that would happen, just a carrot if front of the customers face.

3) 6 months free with a 1 year commitment for present subscriber's. Reduce the Programing part of each bill by 50%. For the next 12 months. A trick right out of the DTV playbook. Stop the Churn!

There you go!

vurbano said:
#1 Give Cuban whatever he wants to get HDnet. Its getting ridiculous not having it.

What Cuban wants VOOM cannot provide yet. Perhaps when they new satellite space opens up. Cuban does not want his signal compressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts