Dots

MunneY

Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
TN/AR
Hey guys.

I have a new setup here, so I'm at a little bit of a loss. My system is has a single hopper 3 and 3 wireless joeys. One of my wireless Joeys (the one in my living room) has a weird issue going on with it.

It has white dots gridded all the way across the screen on it. They fade out in some settings but for the most part it looks to be there nearly all of the time. I would say they are diagonal from bottom left to top right and are about 1-2" apart. I've searched around and cant seem to find anything on it.

Hey, MunneY. We recommend trying to connect a different Wireless Joey in the living room to see if the issue continues or with the current Joey in the living room try a different HDMI cable.

Or find any other device (a laptop?) that you can hook into that HDMI input using that HDMI cable and see if you still see the dots. It's basically going to come down to one of three things... the joey, the cable, or the TV.

Step 1
So start with the source (change the Joey for another Joey, a DVD player, a laptop, etc). Do the dots remain? The problem isn't the Joey. Go to step 2. If the dots go away, put the normal joey back in place (make sure you unplug it from power then plug it back in). Dots return? Problem is the Joey.

Step 2
Put a different HDMI cable in. Do the dots remain? Problem is the TV. Go to step 3. Dots go away? Problem is the cable. Put the normal Joey back in place with the new HDMI cable.

Step 3
Plug the HDMI cable into a different input on the TV (if available). Dots go away? Problem is with the input on the TV. Dots remain? Go to step 4.

Step 4
Unplug everything from the TV and call up the TV's menu. Dots remain? Problem is with the TV display. You can try power cycling the TV, but it will probably need replaced.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Or find any other device (a laptop?) that you can hook into that HDMI input using that HDMI cable and see if you still see the dots. It's basically going to come down to one of three things... the joey, the cable, or the TV.

Step 1
So start with the source (change the Joey for another Joey, a DVD player, a laptop, etc). Do the dots remain? The problem isn't the Joey. Go to step 2. If the dots go away, put the normal joey back in place (make sure you unplug it from power then plug it back in). Dots return? Problem is the Joey.

Step 2
Put a different HDMI cable in. Do the dots remain? Problem is the TV. Go to step 3. Dots go away? Problem is the cable. Put the normal Joey back in place with the new HDMI cable.

Step 3
Plug the HDMI cable into a different input on the TV (if available). Dots go away? Problem is with the input on the TV. Dots remain? Go to step 4.

Step 4
Unplug everything from the TV and call up the TV's menu. Dots remain? Problem is with the TV display. You can try power cycling the TV, but it will probably need replaced.

I switched over to my roku and internal apps on the TV (Youtube and Netflix ) and it disappears.

That only leaves the cable or the box. Before I started tearing into things I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a signal issue or anything to check first. Off I go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)