Double Blackouts on MLB

strrlvr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Dallas, TX
I'm sitting in Dallas, TX wanting to watch my Texas Rangers throw more chairs into Oakland crowds, and I'm blacked out on both my Fox Southwest Alternate Channel, and blacked out on the ESPN broadcast. I've searched all local television listings and the ESPN blackout is expected, but I'm being shut out by the Fox SW Blackout.

Anybody ever experience a double-blackout?

DishNetwork says they do not make this decision, etc...

If you're in the DFW TV Market you should be able to see it. Have you checked the FSSW main channel?

You said you looked through the locals. Did you look to see if it was on 27?

I'm having the same problem. I called DISH and they said FOX decided to broadcast the Astros game. I don't buy it and think someone at DISH screwed up.

What do we do?

-Gabriel

Call FSSW and tell them that DISH has blacked out the game for you and you're in the DFW market. Tell them that this has affected every DISH sub in the DFW Market. This should make FSSW mad because that's potential eyes that aren't seeing advertising.

I can't find a number for FSSW with a live person. Looks like anyone in DFW with DISH won't be seeing the Rangers tonight.

-Gabriel

PS - If you know of a number at FSSW where I can talk to someone, please let me know.

Too bad too, because we are kicking butt 8-2 currently. I'm a big Rangers fan.

Anaheim lost to Seattle, so provided we win this one we are that much closer to the AL West title!!

I called DISH and the CSR I talked to said the game was blackedout to everyone in California and Texas. He acted like he knew about it before I could even get to it, and then asked if he had a lot of calls on it, and he said they've been getting calls all night!

He claimed it was not DISH's call, and his 'expert' opinion was that there had been a mistake made. DUH!

Sounds like my call to DISH. I told the the CSR that obviously someone has made a mistake. It's either at DISH or FSSW. I asked her if it made sense that all the broadcasts of the game are blacked out in DFW. Especially if I just saw the game on cable at a local restaurant. She really didn't care much. I couldn't even get her to admit "someone" has made a mistake. If only I could get a hold of someone at FSSW or the Rangers offices.

-Gabriel

For those of you that are hockey fans remember this happened during the playoffs last year. They (DN) accidently blacked out a Stars game when they should not have. You would think that they learned a lesson there and would not let it happen again. I called the Rangers office today and yes infact it was ANOTHER dish netowrk screw up. What made it even better is the VP of marketing for the Rangers was at someones house and wanted to watch the game. Well guess what, they had dish and were unable to. Of course I called today and wanted an explanation and all you get is the $7.00 hr IDIOTS that say we do not control blackouts, well sure you do when someone programs the damn coumptuer wrong to do so. So if anyone has a number to the Echostar coprorate office please post it. I am calling and giving them an ear full.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)