Double Payment!

logger31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
South Central PA
I am looking on my bank account online and i see that i have 2 pending withdrawals of my monthly pay to dish. They are the same amount for the same month. I did a one time payment yesterday of my current bill because i thought dish was having issues with my credit card and now the autopay kicked in and took out the same thing. I want my money back.:mad:

I am on auto-pay, but always pay the bill online as soon as it is cut. I have never had a problem with being double-billed until recently. When my wife called E* to have them credit our credit card, the CSR said they couldn't because we were on auto-pay. Ugh! Anyway, one call into Discover and the problem was solved.

I am looking on my bank account online and i see that i have 2 pending withdrawals of my monthly pay to dish. They are the same amount for the same month. I did a one time payment yesterday of my current bill because i thought dish was having issues with my credit card and now the autopay kicked in and took out the same thing. I want my money back.:mad:

Just call up Dish & have a credit put on your acct. The way I pay D is I don't let autopay take my money. I go into my acct. & click on the 1 time payment option. I always know if the bill is right. Then I put in my online payment.

The only place that takes an automatic payment is my mort. co. You'll get your money, relax. :)

I do one time payments through channel 100. I had the double billing happen a couple of times when I had autopay. One time they said I had to get permission from AMEX to keep using Auto pay. I only found about this because I happened to be calling to change channels. The people at AMEX said the people at E* were idiots. After this hassle, I told them what they could do with autopay.

Sounds like a simple computer error that happens all the time with all sorts of companies, I am sure you can get it refunded to you, or try to tell them to give you a credit for your time and hassle (and interest on your money) and they can keep the money as pre-payment for next month. I bet it would be easier for the CSR to give yuo a $10 credit than to go thru the hassle of a refund.. it would be a win/win for everyone... unless you are in need of that money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts