DP 34 questions?

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
With a legacy reciever, can I use a DPP 44 Power inserter to power the thing instead of a DP Adapter?

Good question; I'd try it. I think it'll do one of two things, work or not work. As long as you get a lock on all oribital slots your trying to get, locks on - I say run with it.

The DPP44 has a built in adapter. Some have made it work with a legacy receiver only. Even though you are supposed to have at least one dishpro receiver in line. But yes use the power inserter.

btw title said DP34
whenever i install a dp44 i try to keep port one clear of any receivers, in other words only install the power inserter there, from past experience if a diplexer is on the same line it might go bad " too much power going through the dc pass " if i had to install somthing id keep it for a 311 or legacy receiver as far as the power inserter acting as a dp adaptor not true with DPPLUS parts you dont need a dp adaptor like a dpplus lnb as long as nothing is conected to the ext lnb input
in the dp44 case what i would do is connect only 110 , 119 and then run the check switvh on the legacy reciever, you will see the recervier will give you 110 odd | 110 even | 119 odd | 119 even switch detected sw64 and then conect the other two satellites but do not run another check switch cuz u will mess it up
from what i tried it works perfectly

"from past experience if a diplexer is on the same line it might go bad " too much power going through the dc pass ""

Exactly. If you read the installation manual of a DPP44, it clearly states that you can only use high current approved diplexers (DPD2 Holland Blue Diplexers) on Port 1 because of the power inserter.

thax randall
exept i work for a subcontractor and we use blue holland diplexers and i wont risk a trouble call for that reason
btw i used to have some diplexers i forgot what they were called very big and bulky not terk we used to call them $2 displexers thoses never go bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts