DP 34 questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
With a legacy reciever, can I use a DPP 44 Power inserter to power the thing instead of a DP Adapter?

Good question; I'd try it. I think it'll do one of two things, work or not work. As long as you get a lock on all oribital slots your trying to get, locks on - I say run with it.

The DPP44 has a built in adapter. Some have made it work with a legacy receiver only. Even though you are supposed to have at least one dishpro receiver in line. But yes use the power inserter.

btw title said DP34
whenever i install a dp44 i try to keep port one clear of any receivers, in other words only install the power inserter there, from past experience if a diplexer is on the same line it might go bad " too much power going through the dc pass " if i had to install somthing id keep it for a 311 or legacy receiver as far as the power inserter acting as a dp adaptor not true with DPPLUS parts you dont need a dp adaptor like a dpplus lnb as long as nothing is conected to the ext lnb input
in the dp44 case what i would do is connect only 110 , 119 and then run the check switvh on the legacy reciever, you will see the recervier will give you 110 odd | 110 even | 119 odd | 119 even switch detected sw64 and then conect the other two satellites but do not run another check switch cuz u will mess it up
from what i tried it works perfectly

"from past experience if a diplexer is on the same line it might go bad " too much power going through the dc pass ""

Exactly. If you read the installation manual of a DPP44, it clearly states that you can only use high current approved diplexers (DPD2 Holland Blue Diplexers) on Port 1 because of the power inserter.

thax randall
exept i work for a subcontractor and we use blue holland diplexers and i wont risk a trouble call for that reason
btw i used to have some diplexers i forgot what they were called very big and bulky not terk we used to call them $2 displexers thoses never go bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts