DP-34 switch with bandstacked LNBFs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Off Topic of DP-34's

This post has to do with situations where one output of the switch is acceptable.
The strength of the DP-34 switch is that it can feed three or four receivers.
Use the right tool for the job. :cool:
Or, if you're like me and don't know what the final job will turn into, then plan ahead. :eek:

(6 in, 3 out (all bandstacked)
Parts list: 2x DP-34's, 6x bandstacked LNBs, 3x FTA receivers, 3x 22khz eCoda switches)

Now you have my juices going, I have each of my recievers modulated to a different TV channel, with a 6 in 1 out configuration I could eliminate a reciever.......Thanks!
If you are really just going to move from two receivers to one receiver...
If you are going to operate the DP34 outside its intended parameters...
You might be better off with either of the following two solutions:

1. there are uncommitted diseqc switches with 8 inputs and 1 output
Downside? Only a few to choose from (maybe just one). Your receiver may or may not support it.
Upside? Not too expensive. Expandable with regular 4x1 diseqc switches!
See our review section for more info on 'em.
There are two: EMP Centauri 8 x 1, and Digiwave 8x1 uncommitted.
I believe you want the Digiwave.

2. In the Switches FAQ, there's a simple design with two 4x1 diseqc switches and a 2x1 eCoda 22khz switch.
It will let you choose from 8 inputs and drive 1 output.
Downside? Some modest limitations if you have any Universal LNBs.
Upside? Should work with any receiver. Standard, inexpensive, easy to get parts.

Did a Gain test this weekend, Montana PBS 0.2db red std linear lnb .

Straight to reciever, no switch Q=56-60
Through DP34 with 3 powered lnb's Q=55-59

Should have tried it with only the red lnb too.

Must be a unity gain buffer in the switch, I have noticed a drop in signal with white label switches, but did'nt write it down.

Just want to add that JVI made a compatible switch to the DP-34 and they call it the DN34 switch. The DN34 works exactly like the DP34, but it has a 4th input for off-air or CATV signal. You will still need to use a Diplexer on the output ports to separate the CATV from SAT signal.

We still have a few of the DN34 switches if anyone is interested. [Click HERE]

If you purchase a 44 switch on ebay make sure you get the power inserter with it. There are a lot of 44's for sale without and they are useless without it. A Dish net reciever is not a substitute for the power inserter. The good news is that you can route a reciever through the power inserter. 34's and 44's run hot, the cooler that you can keep them the longer they last. The last port on the 34 and the 44 are reserved for linear bandstacked lnbfs but my experience is that it really doesnt matter where you put them. You can mix circular and linear where ever you want them. You can run six lnbf through two 34 switches and then from there into another 34 or a 21 switch if you want. As a rule of thumb plug one dishnet reciever into each 34 switch for power. They are power hungery. I cut my teeth on them with the 105 super dish 4 years ago installing dishnetwork. I probably installed a thousand of them. Jason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)