DP 508 only finds one Sat

brs954

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I just purchased a DP508 PVR from someone (used) and I hooked it up to my DishPro LNB and the receiver will only find the 119 Sat. I have tried a Legacy LNB and also a DishPro Plus. All seem to do the same thing. When I go into the check switch with the DP LNB it only goes trough 1 of 2 tests. When I view the details of the test it says that it found 119 and that the other one is connected but it can not find the 110 Sat. I know that the Dish is aligned correctly because my other DP301 is working correctly. I also have tried two of the DP508 PVRs, both do the same thing. :confused:

Please HELP!!!!!!

Thanks,
BS

Did you try the 508 with the cable that goes to the 301? You could also try the 301 where the 508 is located now. I'm thinking that you have a bad connector or cable to the room where the 508 is going.

I have actually tried it where the 301 is and also in the other room. I even connected it directly to the LNB, about 25ft of cable between 508 and LNB. It seems to me that it is not switching the LNB. Is there any reason that this would have to have a legacy 2 LNB with an SW21 switch?

You said you tried a Legacy and Dish Pro lnbs. Do you have any switches in your setup?

You could try clearing the switch matrix:

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch.
Connect satellite feed and run check switch again.

I don't have any switches in my setup. Just the DP LNB. I haven't tried running the Check Switch with nothing connected. I will try that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)