dp-quad issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blackice

Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
On a new install, at a relatively high altitude (using an elevation about 5º lower than recommended), with some blockage from trees but no obvious nearby interference sources, I had the following issue and am wondering if anyone might make any sense of it.

Installed and grounded the dish, ran the cables, and missing the 110 sat. For some reason, the quad ports were giving totally different signals. The outside port of the 110 side worked great with about 80 strength on both 110/119, the inside 110 side got very low(20's) on 119 and no 110. On the 119 side, the outside port had the same problem and the inside port was fine.

Started out using a meter and after trying 3 different dpquads with the same exact results, tried hooking up a 322, 301, and 311 and had the same problem.

Does anyone have any input whatsoever as to what the problem could be? Is there something blatently obvious that I'm missing or do I just desperately need a very long vacation somewhere nice and quiet?

ajohnson said:
are you sure you took the strengths off the same transponders? Use 11 & 12 for aiming strengths on both 110 & 119.
Could be.

Another possibility is cables. If you are NOT moving the same cable from port to port, try that - at least once - and see if the problem moves.

Try looking at your connections. I had the same problem not so long ago. Turns out it was loose wire from the braid that was inside the connector. It was touching the both center conductor and the F connector. This caused a short preventing the reciever from communicating with the LNB. Check inside the connectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)