DP Twin LNBF Ports independant??

sk00ter

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
MI
Hi All...

I have a dish500 with DP Twin LNBF. 1 coax, feeding a Dish 311 receiver. I have had issues not being able to pickup even transponders...thats working now but having LNBF drift issues. This url goes into more detail but not necessary to read for this issue.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/234778-lnbf-drift.html

Question if I may:
Do Port-A and Port-B on a DP Twin receiver EACH have their own circuitry? What I am getting at is if each of these ports are independant of each other and my coax is currently connected to Port-A, I could simply disconnect the coax from Port-A and connect the coax to Port-B which should fix the problems. This should work if there are TWO independant tuners or whatever they are calling inside the LNBF, one for Port-A and one for Port-B. Unless there is only 1 tuner inside the LNBF and both Ports-A and B share it of course this will not work. So does anyone know if A and B are separate of each other?

Thanks.....

Sk00ter

PS: I do have a new spare DPP Twin but if I don't have to use it now I'll just keep it in the box.

Put up the spare. As far as I know you have an amplifier/feed for 119 & 110 connected by a switch which is sent to A or B ports..

Reading your other post dosen't add much, but if DISH didn't tell you that you had drift you would never know it existed. Virtually all LNBs have some drift and circuits to compensate. DISH due to their specifications may have more than D* but it can usually be controlled by replacement(not eliminated) so don't panic if the DP Plus shows some drift.

Last edited:
The word you are searching for is "switch". There is a switch internal to the DP (and in fact all) twin LNB. Switching to the other port gets some different circuitry, but the LNBs will be the same. Agree with boba; don't worry about the drift.

Thanks boba. No, Dish never told me I had drift, its when I run the System Info Screen and it tests at the STATUS FIELD it says: CHECK "DETAILS" FOR LNB!
and when I check DETAILS it says: LNB DRIFT DETECTED: 0x03, 0xa1, 119(e -6) and 0x03, 0xa1, 110( e -6) and in SIGNAL STATUS it says: Between 12:11PM 11/21 and 6:11PM 11/21, 2 signal losses. Sometimes it also says: EXPERIENCING SIGNAL LOSS.

I'm not so much in panic but I think I'll just change it in a couple days, when the rains stops, because I don't want it to go totally bad in winter when its cold and snowey.
Thanks again,

Sk00ter

Thanks boba. No, Dish never told me I had drift, its when I run the System Info Screen and it tests at the STATUS FIELD it says: CHECK "DETAILS" FOR LNB!
and when I check DETAILS it says: LNB DRIFT DETECTED: 0x03, 0xa1, 119(e -6) and 0x03, 0xa1, 110( e -6) and in SIGNAL STATUS it says: Between 12:11PM 11/21 and 6:11PM 11/21, 2 signal losses. Sometimes it also says: EXPERIENCING SIGNAL LOSS.

I'm not so much in panic but I think I'll just change it in a couple days, when the rains stops, because I don't want it to go totally bad in winter when its cold and snowey.
Thanks again,

Sk00ter
That information you are quoting is DISH telling you that you have drift. If they didn't provide those screens you would never know drift existed.

Drift is a problem, and will cause you to lose transponders. The internal oscillator is crucial to keeping a lock on the signal, and its compensation circuitry is failing. You need to replace the LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)